Take 5- Breakfast and treasures

Heavy laughter bubbles incessantly from my lips as I dance about the pile of 'treasures' laid before me. My good friend Koen watching me from the corner of his eyes as he grimaced deeply.
"This haul!" I exclaimed loudly, feeling as high as the ceiling would let me be, it didn't seem as far from me right now, in this moment, as though if I jumped I could've easily covered the 6 feet distance between me and it's rough white surface.
"Koko, we're set for life!" I paused my jovial wriggling to pass this new observation at him.
His face screwed up even more than it was before.
"What is it now Ko" I slid down onto the ground next to him. He just stared at the haul of golden jewelers and accessories laid before him.
I put my fingers at the corners of his lips and dragged them up, smiling at the dopey smile his face made.
He pulled himself away, turning away from me slightly.
"We should stop" came his firm but shaky reply. He sighed deeply before meeting my eyes. His grey ones seemingly screaming his thoughts at my browns. From his eyes alone I could tell his next words.
'It's getting dangerous'
"It's getting dangerous" bingo, right on the money, his shaky breath repeated exactly as I thought he'd say.
"You said that last time Ko, but we're fine aren't we?" I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to seem reassuring.
This was a bit out of character for me, I AM NOT A COMFORTER.
His only grace right now was the time we'd spent together, throughout my high school and upper school days he'd been my friend, like a distant but reliable outpost, although we didn't talk much we knew that if anything happened we could always go to each other for help.
He shut his eyes.
"Ian, we can't keep this up he grabbed my hands opening his eyes again, staring into my own "theses people are dangerous" he finished in almost a whisper.

"I promise Ko, we only have to do this one more time, and we're done" I said reassuringly, giving his hands a slight squeeze before getting up once again. Not sparing to watch his down casted face, I once again began dancing around the haul of golden 'treasures'. Just the sight of them filled me with joy, as though their radiance lit something within me that strives to be as sparkling as it was.
The erratic buzzing of night insects followed by the silent yet screaming breeze as it blew through the cracks of the window were the only sounds to be heard. It sounded unexpectedly melodically, in the dead of night. Our house was probably the only source of light in the vicinity.
That was until Koen unexpectedly shut the lights off, in the middle of my solo celebration.
He should be more happy about this. We were finally making it somewhere, achieving something, but yet he was being such a downer in this moment.
"Gee, thanks" I said sarcastically.
"Let's just sleep Mel, no need for the whole neighborhood to know about this" he grumbled as I saw his darked out figure head through the door way into the living/bedroom of our house.
The house was well, empty. There wasn't much furniture besides the basic kitchen and bathroom appliances, except for maybe the one or two metal folding chairs we kept in the living room for when guests visit. Apparently it's rude to have people sitting on the floor. What happened to the saying when in Rome do as the Roman's do.
I entered the living room dragging my feet, to see Koen laying down our beddings next to each other. I went into the closet and grabbed our pillows before laying down.

Shutting my eyes and just taking in the sounds, brought a sense of peace over me, especially with the thought of what we'd achieved just today sitting in the back of my mind.
"Melian, let's not do this anymore after this" I heard him say quietly through the darkness.
"Mmmm" I hummed thinking, "we won't need to anymore, we can just get normal jobs and go back to being normies, I promise" I promised firmly.
Reaching my hands towards the ceiling, a second later I saw another pair of arms join mine.
"Sounds exciting" came the amused sarcasm from Koen.

After this last job we can finally go out and be who we were meant to be in this world. Koen had always dreamed of being an architect, and me? I've always wished to be a librarian.

Me? A librarian, Ha, I'd die of boredom before the shift even started. I want to open up my own shop somewhere. Just a small cozy little place, that sold whatever random thing that I thought people should buy. Maybe I could sell Koen's drawings or something. I haven't figured out so far into my plan, I only know that I want to own a shop. A cool shop. A cool cozy shop. Selling cool cozy things.
I didn't know at what point I fell asleep, or even when I lowered my arms. It was like time skipped all the sleeping and straight to the waking up part.