9: The Beginning of Love

(Really wanted to do a chapter of Tighnari + Cyno when they first met)

"Tighnari! You should come join us!" Some Akademiya students called out for the fox.

"I.. For what?" Tighnari tilted his head. His hair stood long and thin, his ears and tail being as poofy as ever.

"You know! The usual activities? And also to take some pictures maybe." Said one of them.

"I uhm.. Sorry, can you give me a moment?" Tighnari pointed the other way with a flick of his hair.

"Sure? Just come over once you're ready."

"Yeah, yeah.." Tighnari hurried off. He sighed as he left the scene, not wanting to come back.

Tighnari made sure that he was away from everyone. Outside of Pardis Dhyai, he sat in a pretty garden. The sun was starting to set. The blue sky grew orange as the young fox held his little hacky sack in his small, delicate hands.

He'd sigh. Finally.. I can relax a bit. Tighnari was feeling calm, enjoying the smell of the flowers in the garden.

"Huh?" Tighnari's ears detected a faint rustling. When he turned towards the noise, he saw something black hide behind a tree.

..I feel like this person has stalked me before.. Tighnari's ears frayed back as he stood up. He carefully walked over, still holding his little ball. "Uhm.."

"Is there something I can help you with..?" Tighnari would say.

"..I know you've been watching me for a while." He felt awkward saying that.

The person sighed. Guess there's no point in hiding anymore. He came out from behind the tree, revealing his pure white hair and red eyes, wearing a black coat.

"G-General Maha- I-I apologize for my rudeness!" Tighnari's ears lowered.

"I-It's okay. You don't need to be nervous. I'm just here on my own personal behalf." Cyno said. He showed the palms of his hands to show he means no harm.

Tighnari huffed. "Thank archon."

Cyno held out his hand. "I'm Cyno."

Huh.. Did I make a mistake by any chance? I hope it's nothing serious. The fox shook his hand.

"Tighnari.."

Tighnari's ear flicked. "So.. what did you want?"

Cyno cleared his throat, feeling a little awkward. "Uhh- sorry, this is the first I've seen your kin with dark fur. ..I've heard you have a great popularity in the Akademiya, so I wanted to see if I could meet you in person."

Tighnari softly chuckled. "Ahaha, I don't think I'm that popular. It's an honor to meet you today!"

"Same here. Shall we talk about your current research? I'd like to know more." Cyno said.

By then, the moonlight was shining on the two, the sky dark and filled with stars. Tighnari was inaudibly talking about some stories in the Akademiya, or just some events that have happened.

Cyno stared at him with a focused expression. "..So the rumor is true." He'd raise a hand, and pat Tighnari's shoulder.

"Now CyKnows you're a good person."

Tighnari sputtered. "Pftt, what an awful pun!" He'd laugh, with a pure expression.

Cute.. Cyno shook his head. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, awkwardly. "Ahem. Still, I can't accept being called a stalker earlier. I'm just doing my job, and one of them is investigating any academic corruption in the Akademiya."