15: Our Time Off (Rewritten)

(Sorry I haven't posted in over a month, I just ran out of what to write. Also I wanted to change some things so I've rewritten chapter 15)

Cyno crawled onto the bed beside Tighnari. It seems that the fox was sleeping in, and the General Mahamatra was usually an early person. He leaned in close and slowly woke up Tighnari.

"Nari.." He'd whisper. Thanks to the other's hearing, he only needed to say it once.

"Hmmhaa.. What..?" Tighnari groaned, never opening his eyes however.

"Morning~ Hey later in the evening, did you want to come with me on my duties?" Cyno would question.

Tighnari's ear flicked, and it grazed Cyno's cheek. He opened an eye and looked at him. "..Why?"

"Why not? Who knows, maybe I'll need some company." Cyno said. "You don't usually join me in the desert, anyways. I know you can't handle the heat, but it's not like I'll force you to stand in the sun all day."

The sleepy Forest Ranger mumbled to himself. "You're so lonely, Cy.."

Cyno whined.

"I'll come with, just don't get too excited." Tighnari finally answered.

Cyno would smile at him. "Thank you, baby." He nuzzled his cheek against Tighnari's.

"Ugh, don't call me that.."

"Come on." Cyno pecked his cheek. "It's time to get up and eat some yummy breakfast. I helped Collei make some Panipuri. You like Panipuri."

Tighnari rolled onto his back and rubbed his eyes. "Haa.. Thanks.."

Cyno gave him another gentle smooch on the corner of Tighnari's lips before the fox smushed his face.

"Hey, quit smothering me." Tighnari got up from the bed. He roughly fixed his bed head and walked to the kitchen to eat something.

"Morning Master!"

"Morning Collei. I see you still have Cyrus. Alive." Tighnari said.

"Why would I unalive Cyrus? He's the bestest of the sleeping mice that I've had in possession." Collei said.

"There's a difference between rats and mice, Collei. Just quit it with the dead mice, I don't want you to get a disease." Tighnari would walk to the stove to start cooking up some breakfast.

"Your tail is all frizzled up. Was your boyfriend messing with it?" Collei questioned.

"Probably. And probably when I was sleeping."

"So when can I join you in sleepovers as your technical child?" Collei then asked.

"Uh- Wait you wanna spend a night with us?" Tighnari looked at her.

"Ya. And I definitely don't just want to cuddle with your tail out of jealousy because Cyno gets all the attention for some stupid reason." Collei said. She shrugged. "What can go wrong?"

"Collei, if you join us, you are not bringing any dead mice and especially a live rat into the bed." Tighnari crossed his arms.

"Why? You're an animal too, you shed all over the place." Collei said.

"That's only in the summer, and also I'm half human. I can clean myself unlike those sewer creatures." Tighnari pointed at the rat.

"Leave Cyrus alone!"

"Dad?" Cyno said.

"Oh my god, Cyno. Can you not?" Tighnari pinched his nose.

"Hey look, you got his nose to scrunch up." Collei said.