14: Family Tree

(Please, they're literally the cutest couple 😭😭 I finished the entire digital drawing in one day, which took me like 5 hours.. I drew the sketch on paper though so it was easier. This inspires me to make a Cynari modern day fanfic..)

The group of three was walking down the path towards the beautiful Mawtiyima Forest. The whole area had a pretty blue hue, the huge platform-like mushrooms reaching high into the sky. Fungi were seen hopping around on levels below the three.

"Are you nervous, Master?" Collei questioned.

"No? It's my parents, why would I be nervous?" Tighnari scoffed.

"Well.. not only are you bringing a new person, you are about to introduce him to them as your husband." Collei said, logically.

"Stop- Okay why do you guys keep saying that? We're not married!" Tighnari complained.

"Alhaitham said congrats for getting married." Collei said, straightforward.

"That doesn't mean that we're actually married!?" Tighnari's tail puffed up. "Collei, you better not say that in front of my parents!"

"Nari, are your parents' ears as good as yours?" Cyno finally asked a question he had been joking up.

"They were. But they're older now, their ears aren't that sensitive now." Tighnari said.

"Good. I don't want to get yelled at for harassing you before I even see them." Cyno put his hands on his hips.

"My parents aren't aggressive like that." Tighnari said, in a monotone voice. "They're kind folks. Remember that neither of them are vision holders? Be gentle with them."

"Sure thing, Nari." Cyno smiled in a friendly.

"Their house is just right down there. Come on." Tighnari started walking off.

"Don't walk so fast! Wait up!" Collei hurried to catch up with him.

After they approached the house, the three took a moment to talk it over.

"Are you sure you're ready to introduce your husband?" Collei asked again.

Tighnari squinted his eyes at her.

Collei slouched over. "Oh.."

The fox cleared his throat and knocked on the door. Three times, slightly on the softer side. "Hey Dad, good afternoon Mom." He stepped back from the door afterwards.

Collei whispered to Cyno. "Look, his tail is wagging."

"That's cute." Cyno muttered back.

The door opened and out came the father of Tighnari, brightly smiling. "Tighnari! What a surprise!" He would hug his beloved son. "How are you?"

"I've been good, Dad. You sound well." Tighnari hugged him back.

"Collei! Still catching mice?" Dad would hold a hand out to Collei.

"I caught a big rat the other day." Collei held his hand. "Now I'm leaving its residue on you."

The old fox would chuckle awkwardly. He looked at his hand after Collei let go.

"Lemme squish your face." Collei ushered Tighnari out of the way to do so.

"Collei.." Tighnari sighed.

"I see you still love messing with old people." Tighnari's dad laughed. After that he looked over at Cyno.

"Hm..?" He'd tilt his head, wondering if it was actually the General Mahamatra.