Thoughts, not prayers.

**Craig's pov**
But then, the clump of faded feathers twitched. I practically froze, my eyes getting slightly wider. What the fuck?
She wasn't quite answering, as if she was pondering her words. She was taking too long.

"Listen. You're obviously hiding something. You're being weird." I said, a bit sterner, to signal my patience and my already short fuse were running thin. Because they were.

She finally seemed to crack.
"You're not gonna believe me if I tell you. But I will be 100% serious when telling you what happened. So, just know that YOU asked for this and I'm just being honest. Then you'll choose whether to believe me or not."

My mouth went straight, I raised a brow, but then shrugged. The unknown girl took a step towards me. Her white cloak, now stained in the wet dirt and leaves of my lawn, fluttered when she walked. It looked quite light and preciously woven, and it would have been quite mesmerizing if only it wasn't so in shambles, its edges ripped. Her voice spoke, slightly calmer now. I looked back up at her pale face;

"So. I was kicked out of Heaven. I should have been sent to Hell, but I decided to escape that fate, so I ended up back here on Earth instead."
She paused for a moment, as if to gauge my reaction. Which was, of course, to stay silent, in a mix of confusion and wariness. Should I trust such a foolish excuse? Certainly not.

"That stuff doesn't exist". I replied, deadpan as ever, as I had been brought up atheist and nothing could convince me of weird flying people existing somewhere above the clouds.

"There. I knew you wouldn't believe it." She said, looking away from a moment, as if she was hiding her frustration.  To that, I really didn't know what to say. But this weirdo made me curious. Her appearance was the only notable thing about this night.

"What's your name?" I asked, with the lingering doubt that talking to a random girl in my front lawn wasn't the greatest idea. Even she looked surprised of my question.

"Nora." She said, briefly. The clump of feathers twitched again. I felt my usual crass behaviour subside a little. That shit moved. Twice. It started to freak me out a little, but there was a morbid curiosity to almost... observe them, touch them. And she noticed that too.

"In case you're wondering, these are real". She almost read my mind. But what sane person could believe all of that? Maybe I was just gone, or dead, or maybe someone had spiked my drink in that trashy hole.