Chapter. 30

On the following day, the left side of the bed was empty and cold when Taehyung suddenly wakes up.

Jungkook isn't in the room.

He's left in a state of confusion, the alpha glances towards the room's door and found it closed as well, Taehyung breaths out heavily and touches his forehead with his left palm. The alpha leans ahead to grab his phone from the side table, Taehyung realizes that it's almost dawn and the sun was about to set up and he lets his head fall tiredly back on the pillow, yawning deeply.

He knows that the omega wakes up early but it's nearly almost five in the morning.

It takes him long minutes to gather up the courage to finally move out from the bed to look for his husband.

It's Monday morning and the first time after almost a month that he's finally going to office today, the cast on his arm removed two days ago and he's more than relieved after getting properly healed.

It feels more than ages honestly, because Taehyung is a work addict, it's the first time in ever that he has spent so much days at home. The alpha is long used to dealing with people on daily basis ⁠— he's a CEO; the head of two branches and it means that he has to be a lot of people's boss — he has a big responsibility over his shoulders. However, he's finally healthy again and couldn't wait to immerse himself in his work again from this day, that's what he thought to himself as he's walking down the stairs.

Taehyung glances all over the living room, stopping his eyes at the open kitchen but the omega was nowhere to be seen.

His eyebrows scrunched as he took more quite steps ahead, noticing the opened lights of his study room and the slightly opened door. Jungkook must be studying. But this early? Taehyung has always seen him preparing his lessons in the evening only. Maybe he has some important assessment or ⁠— The alpha quickly shakes his ahead and approaches to the door, though he stops on his tracks just beside the door, his hand resting over the knob.

There were faint sounds coming from inside, melodious humming, as if someone was singing so softly. Strange, as far in Taehyung's knowledge, Jungkook doesn't like music anymore.

With wearing a frown over his perfect face, the alpha strolls inside the room, he finds Jungkook sitting beside his book shelf, on the wooden floor, the omega's back was facing him, distracted in drawing something?

He's still wearing the same clothes as the previous night, his night suit. The omega's long wavy hair seems a bit messy — the first detail about him Taehyung notices everytime, leaving the alpha sure that Jungkook must have woken up just a little before him. The comforting—floral scent of him spreads through the whole study room and Taehyung eyelashes flutters as soon as it reaches his nostrils.

Jungkook still doesn't notice Taehyung's presence behind him, he's completely dissolved in doing whatever he's doing over the clean white page,

The alpha clears his throat and he's met with no response, Jungkook continues to hum a song in that pleasant voice of his, seems completely lost in his own little bubble. Taehyung's heart drops, the omega has never done this before. Jungkook is always responsive, he always reacts even before he speaks anything.

"Jungkook" He repeats in a rather loud tone.

In a blink of an eye, Jungkook notices Taehyung's cinnamon scent in the room and turns his head to the side, looking in his direction. His lips fell open in a sharp gasp and his eyes turns round, more rounder than they already were. The omega hurriedly crushed the paper in his fist, throwing the pencil over the side as he abruptly stood up, panicked, while clumsily straightening his clothes. The omega looked like as if he was caught doing a huge crime, Taehyung noticed all the colour drained from his face and the constant torture he's putting into his lower lip while biting on it brutally.