𝟎𝟏𝟑(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬)

chapter 13
(changes)

dejah's relationship with her parents is extremely complicated

dejah's relationship with her parents is extremely complicated. nate, not so much considering he was older so he understood what was happening. but not for dejah. she never understood why her parents put her and her brother up for adoption. but, dejah was lucky that her best friend, chris was in a family full of boys meaning his mother gladly took her and nate as she had never had a daughter. nate was 16 and dejah was 14, nearly 15. they both had lived with marylou until nate turned 18 when he bought a cheap apartment that they are currently living in right now.

even when they were living with their parents, technically it was their grandparents that were taking care of them both as their parents were always out. so when their grandparents passed away, that's when they were put up for adoption. to put it in perspective of how little nate and dejah saw their real parents, they don't even know their real names, or their ages, or anything.

but everything changed when they got back in contact with nate...

"i don't know what to do i'm freaking the fuck out" shouts nate, pacing the room back and forth. he was panicked and reached out to his best friend, chris to help.

chris wasn't much of a help. he just stared into space with his mouth wide open. he was also just as shocked as nate was, "i honestly have nothing to say. i mean, do you even want to see them?"

nate stops pacing, he thinks on the subject for a second before shaking his head. he starts to pace again and chris huffs, "i don't even know? i mean, yeah i want answers! but i'm not sure i want to see them if you get what i mean."

chris nods his head. all he could think about is dejah. how was she going to react to this news. while she was living with chris, she had always talked about how much she hated her mom and dad because of their absence, always  wishing they could have a relationship with her like marylou and jimmy had with their kids. "what are you gonna tell dejah?" he blurts out, not even thinking about what was he saying. it just sorta, came out.

"i don't know. she's probably still pissed at me for telling jude that she was with you guys, which i feel terrible about but it wasn't my fault. i didn't know he didn't let her hang out with you guys, because that's crazy! i'm glad they broke up." he says, falling into the seat next to chris. they both sit there for a few seconds just thinking. the two of them had a lot on their minds, and they weren't sure what to do.

"i think i li.." begins chris, stopping himself, "doesn't matter."

nate notices his sudden pause between his sentence and urges to know what he was going to say, "no, say it. i've just told you something crazy. how about you return the favour."