𝟎𝟏𝟒(𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧)

chapter 14
(when a heart breaks, it doesn't break even)

as chris lays motionless in his bed, he begins to think about everything

as chris lays motionless in his bed, he begins to think about everything. he's done a lot of things in his life that he regrets, but this is definitely top of his list. what was he going to do when the best part of him, was always her? but at least now, he realises that and he doesn't have to keep running away any more.

they say bad things happen for a reason. but did this bad thing happen for a reason? or did chris just make a big mistake and it's going to make things worse. his heart still aches even though it's been a whole week. he didn't go to school during that week, he just couldn't. he couldn't bare to see her face, it would just hurt even more and he wasn't ready for that. he often thought about what dejah was thinking. what's going on in her head. he also often thought about what matt had said, and how he was right. he did need to talk to her. but how was he supposed to talk to her, when he can't even look at her?

dejah also took that week off school. not because of chris, in fact chris was the least of her worries. it was her parents. every single day they came back to the apartment and knocked on the door and tried to talk to them, but she begged nate to never answer the door. she didn't want to leave the house in case she would see them again, and she wasn't ready for that yet. but that doesn't mean that she didn't think of chris. it was at the back of her mind, but the thoughts were still there. why would he try to kiss me? why now? i can't fall in love with him again, i just can't. i don't want to hurt myself again. how do i tell him that the only reason i 'hated him' all these years is because i'm scared of catching feelings again.. her train of thoughts disappeared when she heard a knock on the door. she just wanted to scream in her parents face and tell them that she never wants to see them ever. when she heard nate exit his bedroom to tell them to leave, she openes her door, "let me do it this time." she says, watching as nate slowly nods his head and makes his way back to his room.

she was prepared to express all of her feelings to her parents, until she got to the door and all of a sudden she wasn't ready anymore. she felt sick to her stomach when she heard another knock at the door. she put a brave face on before twisting the door open slowly. she had her eyes closed and she opened them when the door was fully open. she lets out a shakey breath when she makes eye contact with the person at the door.

"hi."

dejah closes her eyes again as she huffs, "chris." she says, "what are you doing here. go home." she whispers, beginning to close the door.

"wait!" he shouts, grabbing the door so she couldn't close it again. she pauses before re- opening the door. chris was being extremely vulnerable right now, which is a side that he has never shown to anyone before, "this past week, all i've been thinking about is you."