Chapter 38 - Aaron

Andy brought in Rosaline Johnson and is interrogating her as Garcia is going through her records. Waiting is killing me. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to go in there, turn the cameras off and make her scream until she spills everything. But that would just make me as bad as Chax.

Right now, the only thing I want is for Olivia to be ok. She is his endgame, so if that was what he wanted to get rid of her, he would have done it already. Soz the smartest thing for her would be to play into his delusion. I hope she is strong enough to do that. And I don't care what happens, I just need her to stay alive.

Jackson, her brother, came by earlier because he saw on the news that Olivia was dead. Her mother called hundreds of times but he was able to calm her down after we explained the situation to him. This whole thing is a mess and everyone needs her.

"Come with me" Dave says as he pats my shoulder.

We leave the interrogation rooms and I follow him to his office. "What did you find something?" I ask.

"Let's have a drink" he says as he pours us some of his expensive scotch.

"Olivia is missing" I remind him

"We can't do anything about it right now. And both of us could use something that would help us calm down" he insists.

He gives me one glass and we sit. I take a sip and keep my head down. "I'm sorry" I say

"For what?"

"All this. I shouldn't have let her go alone out there" I explain

"So, you think this is your fault?" he asks, surprised

"It is..." I reply as I fight to keep the tears in my eyes.

"Alright, then go wear the cuffs again and I'll take you up to the interrogation room you were a few hours ago"

"I didn't mean that--"

"Then what did you mean? Because blaming yourself doesn't do us any good at this hour"

"I promise I'd keep her safe from him"

"And I promised her dad no one would ever touch her on this job but this is the second time she is in such danger because she was following in my steps!" he raises his voice for the first time.

"When she announced to us that she was accepted in the Academy, everyone pretended to be happy for her. But as soon as she left, her dad and I had a big fight. I never wanted her to get in the FBI, I was scared for her because I knew how many twisted people she could potentially meet. As friends, we all had a falling out, but I promised to look after her.

"After she survived Chax the first time, I was sure she would step down. I encouraged her to. But that hardhead came back, and she continued to make a name for herself".

You are an insufferable hardheaded son of a bitch. That's what she called me. Maybe we found our match in each other.

There is a knock on the door and Garcia enters with her laptop. "Sir's, I think I have something..." she mentions. We get up and gather to the conference room with the others.

"Get ready, because this gets a little more complicated. I went through the disposable phone they found in Agent Johnson's car, but I found almost nothing. Only a single call was made from the number I'm showing you on the screen, which belongs to another disposable" Garcia explains

"Were you able to trace the call?" Prentiss asks

"Yes, and this is where it gets weird. The call was made from somewhere in Las Vegas to the bureau" she reveals