Shot 8: The Aftermath

"Bianca Russi, will you marry me?" 

**********************************************************************************************

Bianca and Stefano's POV:

My heart was racing. This was it, there was no going back now.

Bianca's POV:

I gulped before I slowly let my head nod, as though I was confused about my answer. There were hushed whispers probably due to my unconfident response. Oh well, looks like I'll have to speak now!

"I will, Stefano Fernandez," I spoke with confidence and could practically feel the sparkles in my eyes as I made direct eye contact. Stefano gave a warm smile and stood up. As everyone watched in awe, he slowly took my hand which was tiny compared to his, and slipped the gorgeous ring onto my finger. I would need an extra five or six hands if I wanted to count the number of girls who would kill to be in my position. I smiled slyly at the thought and before I knew it, Stefano's massive hands were surrounding me as I was quickly pulled closer to him. 

In a long, warm hug. 

Stefano's POV:

Her petite body fit snugly into my arms and I was cringing at the thought of holding her in such a manner. My father told me I had to do this, despite begging on my knees, otherwise he himself would make me into our dinner. It was scary to think he was capable of doing so too. Bianca was stiff at first, almost like hugging a rock but soon she relaxed and hugged me back. I caught a whiff of her coconut shampoo and had to stop myself from gagging. Coconuts made me sick. After a clear indication from my father, I sheepishly let her go. I heard one or two claps from the far back of the hall but it did not take long for it to become a round of applause. I grinned proudly as I kept my head held high, Bianca on the other hand, smiled nervously and looked down awkwardly. Was she really the heiress of Marco Russi? Because, in that case, I couldn't wait to see her in action. 

As the noise died down, all the lights went back on and people were celebrating my proposal. You would think that was especially exclusive to me. Several people whom I did not recognise came up to me and Bianca to congratulate us on such a 'momentous' occasion. Bianca wasn't saying much herself apart from a few 'thank you's and  'you too's. Then, any light that was left in me turned off as the one girl who I hated the most made her way towards me. 

Avana Perez. Ava for short. You could say she was the villain in a story.  Going out of her way to make sure everyone was miserable. However, every villain has a soft spot for someone. Unfortunately, I happened to be that someone. I didn't bother to even glance at her as she made her way to me. She made a whole show of trying to kiss my cheeks but giggled about how short she was. Funny how everything seemed to be about her. 

"What do you want Avana?" I asked, tired. I watched Bianca curiously observing next to me, obviously not liking Ava one bit.

"To say congratulations to my favorite signor ever!" she said in an awfully high-pitched voice. I rolled my eyes in response- as if. I could tell Bianca was trying her hardest not to laugh beside me. For some reason, that made me want to laugh too. Then Ava's voice deepened by at least 3 octaves. "Although you could've done way better than... that." she glanced at Bianca who spat out her drink from her mouth and glared at Ava. I was shocked beyond words.

"Ava, what the-" I started but was shortly cut off. 

"Better than that?" Bianca repeated menacingly. Her eyes were like daggers, ready to slice Ava into mince. Ava scoffed, she clearly couldn't have cared less but it was clearer that Bianca wasn't having it.