Unlikely Allies

- In which two hostile boys embark on a treacherous journey -

"Stop following me."

"No!"

It had been five minutes since their argument till Craig eventually decided to speak up, tired with the constant humming and other noises coming from the boy beside him. Tweek had initially lost interest in arguing after Craig stopped talking in hopes of avoiding further conversation.
However, Craig quickly realized that his attempts had become futile when the boy decided that humming, skipping, tapping, and picking up random objects to inspect before tossing away was a better way to spend their time, and he was baffled by the boys unpredictable behavior.

Though unlike the outlandish personality of Tweek, Craig was much more silent, his expression only being etched in a scowl so deep that he feared it would be revealed as permanent if he dared to relax his furrowed brows. Shoving white knuckled fists into the thick pockets of his navy over folds, Craig continued his journey through giant stacks of discarded debris and gritty soil in the dark with his abnormal companion.

He was about to turn right, which seemingly would've led him further into the darkness before Tweek stopped him in his tracks by tugging on the shoulder of his jacket. When he turned around to face the grabby boy he was met with Tweek's face set in fierce determination as he began to speak.

"Craig, you're going the wrong way."

Craig groaned, then replied ruefully. "There is no wrong way, spaz."

Tweek immediately unclasped his fingers from the fabric of the boy's navy jumper, with Craig feeling the slip away as he watched Tweek bring his arms together in a deliberate crossing motion. "I don't think it's very funny that you keep calling me that."

Craig lazily blinked at Tweek, appearing thoroughly unimpressed by his words, before replying in his most languid tone. "Well I'm not in a very funny mood."

"It doesn't matter if you're feeling funny or not, if you go that way you'll never stop seeing more garbage." Tweek tried to elaborate, nodding his head over to a set of grating stairs going up on some sort of deteriorating brick building. "We head up there, it's preferred."

Tweek's attempted explanation as to why he was recommending they continue their travels in that specific direction only resulted in more confusion, a nervous tic appearing in the corner of Tweek's right eye as he watched Craig struggled to comprehend what was being said. After a brief pause, Tweek sighed and said, "Look, if we go up that rusty staircase it'll lead us in the direction of the town I live in."

For the first time in a long while, Craig stopped his relentless frowning as he perked up at the boys particular statement with one steady plan in mind.

"A town? Do you think they can help me?"

After pausing to consider Craig's apparent need for help, Tweek furrowed his brow in hesitance, briefly glancing towards the side as if unsettled by something unknown, before turning his gaze back to Craig. "Um.. I'm not quite sure, it depends on what you need help with."

Forgotten pieces of handwritten knowledge that felt like a distant memory, a loss of childhood innocence and a family member who he held to his heart dear. The desires left the boy feeling uncomfortable and full of greed in his own skin, noticing the familiarity of prickling static stinging red raw up through the empty center of himself.
He couldn't understand the sensation, couldn't fathom why the idea of death felt like a better escape than to constantly wish for the things he no longer had.