The Slums

- In which Craig Tucker faces the drawbacks of life and all that comes with -

"Damnit— Yeah, go ahead and just lead me into a goddamn death trap, spaz."

"Yikes, my bad."

It had been two hours of constant bickering and hiking for the two as they meandered their ways through the deconstructed building rooftops. Craig was just getting himself up after unknowingly tripping into a crumpled part of the roof, and had unfavorably fallen onto a bookshelf that was within one of the buildings rooms as Tweek leaned over to try and help pull him back up. Craig allowed the helping hand this time, yet he was acutely aware of the other boys touch, and he felt the strange sensation of his heart beating through his cheeks during the process.

"Sorry," Craig grunted out as he was pulled up, trying to use his other free half to lift himself as well. "My hands are a bit scratched now from falling. I don't want to get any blood on you."

"I told you to watch out, man!" Tweek replied back in a constricted shrill, pulling one big tug to get Craig over. "Are you okay? No broken arms or anything?" Tweek continued to worry, watching Craig lay motionless on the roof with his stomach.

The golden boy then shrieked, bringing his hands up to his hair and tugging as his head jerked to the side. "Erk! What if you fell and died? What if there wasn't a bookshelf there for me to pull you up?— WHAT IF YOU BROKE YOUR LEGS, THEN GOT ATTACKED BY A SEEKER, AND THEN DIED?"

Seeker? Crap, I remember him talking about there being more different types of infected..

Shoving the question of whatever those things were deep into the recesses of his mind so he could ask later, Craig got up from where he lay motionless, then was reaching out for the sporadic boys wrist and leading it away from where he'd been pulling at his golden tufts. Craig furrowed his brows when he looked down to see the small strands that had been pulled, and he quickly wiped them off and continued to stare at the now empty palm of Tweek's hand. He turned it around and felt almost dazed, as if he wanted to run his fingers across the veins that were in stark contrast against the pale skin, yet he pushed those thoughts aside deep down into the numbness when Tweek had spoken up.

"..What are you doing?"

Feeling as if he were broken from a trance, Craig snatched his own hand away in lighting speed, as if he were touching a pot of boiling water too hot to touch instead of just another boy's hand. He was definitely sure now the redness on his cheeks would be noticed by Tweek, that's if he wasn't already turning around to walk away again.

What the fuck was I doing?

It was only when he'd heard the faint crunch of broken objects from fallen footsteps at the side of him that he noticed Tweek had caught up, and when he looked down at the boy beside him, he could see the confused expression on the boy's face now that the short episode of anxiety was suddenly over.
It had fallen completely silent between the two boys now, with only the noises of fabric-on-fabric and distant sounds of the flickering buzz coming from light signs in the background. Yet, he realized, right now it was just them; within all that dark everything and walking on top of it all.

We're alone... Together. And we're going to be spending the night out here under the same stars.

But the little voice in the back of his head told him that the stars they'd be sleeping under tonight weren't real like the ones back at home; and Craig frowned at the thought of him getting so worked up over something so small. All they were doing was hiking and trying to get to one destination together, with one single plan in mind yet two very different goals.