Chapter 1: A firecracker!

Scarlett's POV

"My answer is still no, Denis" I said before walking past the boy with dirty blonde hair and gorgeous ocean blue eyes, the eyes that any girl would surely swoon over and the handsome face that any girl would fall for without any doubt.

But not Scarlett Knight, sweetheart, I thought to myself.

As I walked past Denis and down the hallway of my school, I could feel that he was fast to catch up behind me, before he dared to grab my wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

Oh boy! You are so gone!

"What? Denis" I snapped at him while turning around and facing him.

"Drop that attitude, Scar" He replied, fuming.

"Oh. Did I offend you? Sweetheart" I questioned sarcastically.

"I'm sorry but I just can't help the attitude, I get it from my father" I added with a smirk.

"And if you can't handle a bit of Scarlett Knight's attitude then on what basis have you been courting me to be your girlfriend for months now" I said.

"My attitude and I go hand in hand, sorry but I can't seem to get rid of it..." I paused.

"And it gets magnified in the presence of jerks like you" I spat the words.

"Now let go off my hand" I said, putting extra emphasis on each word before freeing my wrist from his grip.

I groaned mentally as his grip was so tight that my wrist was hurting and I'm certain that there's also gonna be a mark there later, but of course I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Scarlett Knight, I genuinely liked you which is why I have been courting you for months and this is what I get?" He questioned in disbelief.

"And I have been very politely saying no to you for months, but now you have just started annoying me" I replied folding my hands over my chest as he shook his head, balling his palms into fists at his sides as if he was losing it against his anger.

"How dare you call me a jerk!?" He said through his gritted teeth.

"Apologize right now, Scar" He added while towering over me.

"And what if I don't?" I asked back without any fear, which was stupid honestly as the guy standing before me was a senior and not to forget that he was also the captain of the football team of our school, which obviously means that he was tall and had a muscular body.

His chest heavied up and down as he fumed in rage, which almost made him look like a cartoon with steams of anger rolling off, out of his ears and if the situation wasn't so serious, I would have definitely had a good laugh at him.

"You whore!" He hissed and that was the moment I lost it. I was taking this matter very lightly until now but the moment he insulted me by associating me with that term, something flickered inside me and before I could stop myself I threw a punch at the 6'3, well built, captain of the football team.

Who could very easily, if he wanted to, strangle me and suffocate me to death with his very own bare hands, if I may add.

"You bitch!" He yelled while holding his, now bleeding, nose.

Gosh! His nose was bleeding, I never knew I could throw such good punches and I have never even fought someone before. Well I guess I have the adrenaline rush inside me to thank for this.

He glared at me and only if looks could kill, I would have been dead and 6 feet under the groud by now.

And the look that he's giving me right now, is somehow telling me that I shouldn't have punched him, but he dared to call me a whore, and I just couldn't help myself, so I guess he kinda deserved it.