Chapter 10: A sleepless night

Scarlett's POV

The next morning, I was a little late to rise as I had been up almost all night, turning and tossing on my bed, restless, thinking about whatever happened between David and I last night. I think it was almost dawn when I finally fell asleep.

My mind was completely occupied by the things that he said and the things that I said to him.

But well, other than that it was mostly occupied by our closeness...the intimacy that we shared, that was not much too began with, I mean nothing of that sort happened between us, but yet the mere, innocent intimacy that we shared last night, was enough to keep me up all night.

For some weird, unknown reason, even in my fully air-conditioned room, I felt hot last night and that just makes me wonder if that is how his slight closeness makes me feel...if that is the kinda effect his mere touch has on me...then what would it feel like to have his lips against mine...to have his hands roaming all over my body...to...

Okay! Okay! Stop right there...that's exactly what kept you up all night.

I huffed out a tired sigh before throwing the quilt off myself and heading for the bathroom, to have a quick shower.

"Good morning, early birds" I greeted Charlotte and Samantha who were already seated at the dining table, almost finishing up with their breakfast.

"Morning" Charlotte mumbled a reply before shoving a piece of pancake into her mouth.

"Good morning" Samantha replied while sipping on her black coffee.

"You seem tired, what's wrong? Didn't get any sleep?" She added, setting her cup aside.

"Yeah, well, I fell asleep at dawn so..." I shrugged before pouring myself some coffee.

"What? Why? What was it that kept you up all night?" Charlotte asked, trying to sound casual and concerned but I didn't miss the teasing hint in her voice and I guess neither did Samantha because she asked.

"Wait! What's going on? What's that supposed to mean?"

Ugh! No. I'm not ready to face her questions yet! And I definately don't wish to get lectured over the fact that I have feelings for my brother's best friend and how that's wrong and shit.

"Nothing, Sam" I waved it off causally while munching on some toast and scrambled eggs.

"Well, I've been your age, Scar and I know enough to know that that's definitely not 'nothing' But it's your life anyways..." Samantha paused.

"So just make sure you don't fall for the wrong guy and trust me there's a sea of those kinda guys out there" She continued while I just chose to remain silent.

"Oh no, here we go..." Samantha mumbled and I frowned at her in confusion before following her gaze which landed on our brother, Ryan as he descended down from the stairs.

"Yeah, he's gonna be pissed about last night" I said, almost to myself

"Good morning, ladies!" Ryan walked in, wearing a pair of joggers and a bit of oversized t-shirt, with airpods plugged into his ears.

"What do we have for breakfast today?" I heard him mumbling under his breath before he grabbed a piece of toast and shoving it into his mouth, he was already on his way out, without even uttering a word about last night.

Well...that was strange.

"That was strange" The three of us said the exact same thing at the exact same time.

"Yeah, I was expecting a really long lecture about sneaking out last night" Charlotte said.

"I even planned an explanation in my head that how you three dragged me along with you" She added, earning a sharp look from both Samantha and I, to which she just grinned.