New Job

Two weeks had passed since I first met Mikasa Ackerman, and my life hasn't really changed but got a little worse. My Father has been getting a bit aggressive and forceful with me. The other day he came to my apartment trying to force me to come to work.  but of course my roommates didn't let him, in fact they called the police on him and he was arrested. But since there was no proof of it he was let go with a warning. That same day I quit my job. Was he happy about it no, But I didn't care I was finally free for now at least.

At the moment I was sitting on my couch with my laptop in my lap. I was searching up for any job openings that I could  possibly apply for. I let out a deep heavy size as I  cover my eyes and bend my head back. "Why is finding a job so hard?" I asked with a grassy annoyed tone. "Probably because you've never had to look for one, your dad basically forced you to work with him, remember." Reiner said Him and Bertholdt We're in the kitchen making coffee and a quick breakfast before hanging off to work. "You're not wrong but still... hey wait Reiner Is your job hiring at the moment.?" I asked "At the moment no, sorry annie." Reiner said "ahhh, it's okay... What about you Bertholdt?" "I mean, I can ask but I don't think we are." he said I closed my laptop then took the pill that was behind me and slammed it into my face. The boys looked at me with worry in their eyes and a bit concerned they didn't want to leave me but I knew that their jobs were important so I forced them to go.

"Boys I can feel your eyes on me, it's okay, i'm going to be okay." I said as I looked at them with Gentle eyes. "We know, but it's not going to stop us from worrying about you." Bertholdt said I don't know what to do but just smile at them. "Thank you boys." They both Came over to me and gave me a big hug. After a little bit they both went off to work and I stayed in the apartment Watching The 100. After a few minutes my phone ringtone went off. I picked it up from next to me and I answered it. "Hello." I Said With my usual deep tone. "Hi, is this Annie leonhart?" I Hesitated to answer. "Yes I am, who is this?" I asked "Oh Excellent, my name is Sasha Braus. I work for Mikasa Ackerman." I listened carefully to the person on the other phone. My eyes were wiping, My voice was stuck in my throat. "And she would like to invite you to the MA Club. And if you would please dress a little bit formal." She was very Stern but at the same time very sweet. But it was also clear that she was very close with Miss Ackerman.

"Oh okay, uhh, but Miss Braus, could I ask why Miss Acherman wants to see me and why do I need to dress formally?" I asked. My Tone was very hesitant and  kind of high because one I was nervous and two very confused. "Miss Leonhart I understand that this is out of the blue, but Mikasa just told me to call you from this number, and ask you to Dress formally normally and come to the club. And Mikasa also wanted me to mention it to you. When you come to the club you need to come upstairs to our private Suites, specifically private Suite room 7 that is where she will meet you." she said calmly "okay I'll be there around 2ish if that's okay?" i ask A little annoyed. "Yes that is fine, Thank you for your time Miss Leonhart. Hope you have a good rest of your day." she said "Thank you Miss Braus and i hope you have a good day too" we both then hung up the phone.

   "Why does Mikasa Ackerman want to see me, and why now?" I asked myself, "It's been 2 weeks. Maybe it has something to do with the things we were talking about in the car." My mind was full of questions and I knew I wouldn't get them answered until I arrived at the club.  so I went to my room to try to find formal clothes.

(Mikasa POV)

After Sasha hung up the phone she came back into my office. "Part of the intrusion Mikasa, But Miss Leonhart Answered the phone and she will be here around 2:00." she said Putting her phone back in her pocket. I was sitting at my desk signing some papers for Some new materials for the club. "Thank you Sasha, Now if you don't mind please make sure room 7 is all ready for the meeting." I said, not looking away from my papers. "Yes ma'am." Sasha turned her back against me and reached out for the door handle. But hesitate to grab it because there's something eating in her mind. She breathed in deeply and let our heavy sigh then turn back around. "If I may ask Mikasa, Not as your assistant... As you're best friend?" My hand stopped moving when I heard my dear friend's voice turn serious. I looked up at her and put my pin down, Then put my hands together and raised them up to my mouth, my elbows resting on my desk.

"Okay, What's on your mind my dear friend, I asked her with a sweet, serious voice. she smiled back at me as she took a couple steps closer to my desk. "Why do you want this Annie girl to join our organization so much? I mean She's basically just a little girl with daddy issues, She's not a popular person and she doesn't own a business. And she basically just joined a college. So why?" She is Sincerely more serious than I've ever heard her. I Softly smiled at her as I put my hands down. "If I'm being honest I see a bit of myself in her." The room went silent for a minute. "When we first met I could see the fear in her eyes,  but past that fear I saw determination, determination to get off her father's leash. And after what Connie told us about her situation at the moment, how could I not give her the opportunity to become more powerful than her own father." I Explained my voice starting out sweet but turning into a cool cold tongue. "Well Connie Has told us nothing but good things about her and her roommates. And he's never lied to us before so, I'm sure she'll be a great member to the organization. With that being said I will go make sure room 7 is all ready for you and her." Sasha said as she began to walk away. "Sasha?" I said her name before she left, grabbing her attention again.

"Yes?" She asked quickly looking back. "Before you go would you mind making one more phone call to Miss Bloodthorne?" I asked "are you sure, I mean won't this be triggering for her?" she asked back, There was worry behind her eyes. "I don't doubt it, But if Annie takes the position to become my right hand woman... Then this Bloodthorne deserves to know after all it was her fiance that died that day so we owe it to her." I said "okay As You Wish man." Sasha then left my office. All that was left in my office was The Sound of Silence.
My thoughts were all over the place. I put my elbows back on my desk and my hands up to my mouth. I keep thinking about the whole situation. "If Annie does become my right hand. Then Everything Will Change especially Amelia."