Welcome to the MA Club

Mikasa POV

7 hours had gone by, I was still sitting at my desk finishing up the last bit of paperwork I had. Well Amelia was still sitting on the couch to my left,  cleaning her swords and taking apart her gun to clean it. "Amelia You've taken apart your gun twice now, why?" I ask as I look over at her "Well I don't use this gun often, So sometimes there's dust that I didn't see the first time so I take it apart and clean again." she said I let out a little laugh as I went back to the paperwork. Before I could even touch the paper there was a knock at my door. "Miss Ackerman Annie Leonhart is here to see you." Ymir said on the other side of the door. "Send her in." Ymir Open the door, We're doing Annie standings on the other side of it with file in hand. She slowly came in and stopped at the edge of a table that was in the Middle of the room. "Ymir." I called out her name before she closed the door. "This will be a private meeting so make sure you lock the door and get yourself a drink until." I said Ymir nodded her hand Before saying "yes Miss Ackerman." Too close the door and lock it. I waited a couple of seconds Before speaking until I couldn't hear her footsteps anymore.

"Good to see you again Annie, I'm guessing by the file in your hand you've made your decision?" She didn't answer straight away,  instead she continued making eye contact with me and then made eye contact with Amelia who was staring at her again. Annie then placed the file on the table in front of her then made eye contact with me again. "Yes Miss Ackerman, I have." She took a deep breath before she continued speaking. "I've decided to come work for you." Annie said I smiled joyfully at Annie, happy to hear that she would come work for me. Before I continued to speak I glanced over at Amelia Who was smiling and she put her attention back on the weapons. "Well Annie Leonhert on behalf of the Ackerman family, welcome to the MA Club."I said

"Thank you, Miss Ackerman." Annie said "Now I hate to get straight to business but Annie, For the next couple of weeks you will be training Amelia. She will be teaching you how this job works as well as taking you how to use a gun and a knife. Do you have any questions?" I ask "Yes Miss Ackerman." she said "And I will make sure to listen to everything Miss Rosethorne tells me." "There's no need to address me by my surname Annie. Just Amelia is fine." Amelia said to Annie as she Stood up from the couch putting her gun back in her holster and her swords back in their sheets. Then Walked over to Annie, He stood in front of her and placed her right hand on Annie's left shoulder. "I look forward to working with you, Annie." Amelia said as she Smiled at her warmly. She then Walked out of my office and from the sounds of the footsteps down to the bar. It was just me and Annie and I could tell Annie had something on her mind. "Annie?" I call out her name and she looks straight at me. "Y-Yes?" She tried to make her tone sound like her normal one, but it wasn't "What's on your mind?" I asked her as I got up from my desk and walked over to her. "I uhhh... was just Why did you choose me for this job?" she asked, I gave her a smile at her warmly as I walked past her to my door. I stopped in front of it as I turned my head to look back at Annie. "Because I know what it's like to not exactly have the greatest father. Granted my father didn't abuse me like yours did, But he didn't exactly treat me like his daughter from time to time." Annie just looked at me as I was talking and I can see her eyes full of sadness but also I can see if she was grateful for me giving her this job.

"Miss Ackerman... Thank you again for giving me this job." Annie thanked me one last time. As I opened the door, I couldn't help but smile at her. "Allow me to walk you to your car Annie."