273 | Approved Request

MAX AND KEIGO WERE startled because it sounded like a gun was fired towards them. Xander also woke up and instinctively got ready to fight, grabbing one of his inventions as a weapon.

     "What the hell was that?!" Xander shouted, gripping his metal object while staring at their shattered window.

     "What really was that?" Max asks as well, looking out of the window and finding a literal helicopter flying away from them. Max furrowed his brows, still confused as to what happened. But then he followed the direction and angle of the helicopter to their window. Following that imaginary line, Max turns around, and there he discovers a golden dart pierced into their now cracked wall.

      "Did someone just freakin' shoot that towards us!?" Keigo asks in a panic while Max slowly approaches it. He examined the metal-like dart and eventually realized that it had an opening, so he pulled the dart off the wall and twisted it open, revealing a rolled-up paper.

     "No freakin way!" Xander excitedly says as he, Keigo, and even a sleepy Vesper stand beside Max to get a better look.

     "What on earth is this?" Max confusingly asks before noticing the seal. As soon as he saw who it belonged to, a huge smile immediately appeared on his face because the seal came from none other than the fifth strongest brotherhood, Cigarettes.

      "W-Wait, didn't you just ask Vice President Gavriil to talk to CJ the other night? Did they find something already? Is this for real?" Keigo asks in disbelief since they've been searching for information about Chapman for days, yet CJ only needed 24 hours to find something.

     Xander and the others circle Max as he removes the seal and rolls it open. There were actually two pieces of paper inside. One was completely blank, while the other was a note that had Max's brooch attached to it.

     "Remove this again and I'm gonna ambush St. George Academy and burn it myself," the note read, making Max chuckle. He couldn't help but be proud of his protector. Who knew he'd be able to provoke him enough to the point where he'd find something they thought was impossible to obtain in such a short amount of time?

     "He never disappoints," Max says, putting his brooch back on before checking the blank paper.

     "Well, did he get so fired up that he ended up sending nothing?" Vesper joked, but Max ignored the comment and started looking for something in their room. When Max saw Vesper's lighter on the floor, he grabbed it and started heating up the paper, revealing a handwritten letter.

     "You can't light a cigarette without a lighter," Max states, surprising the others since Max understood what to do without even thinking about it.

     When the content was fully visible, everyone looked down at the paper again to see what was actually written on it. Everyone was excited to know what dirt the count was able to find, but when they finally read the content, their eyes instantly widened in shock. Even Vesper was in disbelief.

     "T-This...This is..."

     "A list," Max continues for Xander who couldn't even find the right words anymore. "It's the list of names involved in the Von Hatzfeld scandal."

     "I'll be damned. How the hell did that kid get this list?" Vesper then wonders, somehow impressed by the amount of resources CJ must have had to use for this single paper. He then points at a name on the list and adds, "And look at this, gentlemen. It's the Secretary of Education, Mr. Laurence Chapman."

     "Oh god, I knew it he was a sick bastard," Xander says with a disgusted look on his face.

      "But how are we certain that this is legit?" Keigo then asks. "This was just handwritten by who knows who."