Chapter 2 | Eden Hall Academy

Monday, November 16th
Location: Eden Hall Academy

The clanging of steel and dialects erupted the halls of Eden Hall as the first bell rings. Footsteps echoed the halls as they stopped in front of her.

Do you still have the notes for the English Final?

Ana closes her locker and turns to the person talking to her as they walk to class together.

Good morning to you to Charlie, she rolls her eyes. Here she passes him her notes.

He opens the notebook looking at her detailed notes and stops on one page.

What's this?

She quickly looks at the page spotting the drawings she made and the initials A.B and D.P written more than once.

I get bored during study hall. So, are you looking forward to break?

The bell rings as they sit in their seats.

Charlie whispers, if you think I forgot what I saw I didn't.

Adam looks in between Charlie and Ana as their English teacher prepares them for the long week ahead.

.....

Forty five minutes later the bell rings as Ana grabs her bags trying to leave before Charlie caught up to her.

She feels a hand on her shoulder stopping her from walking upstairs. Turning around she comes face to face with Charlie.

Are you going to tell me why you have Portman and Banks written all over your notebook.

That was before Adam and I talked at the lake.

Do you still like him?

Yeah I do.

That's good to know, Banks says smirking.

Ana's stomach starts to hurt as she looks at Banks. Great, I'm going to go crawl into a hole now. I have to go.

Ana feels a hand slipping a note into hers as she walks up the stairs towards her Art class. She spot Dean and Fulton talking to two girls as she rolls her eyes try her best not to care.

As she sits down and prepares her station for class she opens the note.

Dear Ana,
I know I have to accept the fact that we aren't together. But sitting next to you everyday and hearing your voice has made it hard for me to let you go. I started loving you when you surprised me after returning from Manhattan and being on the ice with you. I loved you even when you were with Portman and I was with Sarah. I understand you need time. Maybe you think we went to fast and it's okay. I have to accept that. But know I haven't stopped loving you. How could I when you're so beautiful and your personality lights up every room you walk into. You make me smile just by seeing you smile. So, please meet me by the lake at 6pm. I miss you and I miss talking to you.

Love you,
Adam

Ana bit her lip nervously as the teacher voice began to dim. Should I go? Obviously I have feelings for Banks. But if I do does that mean I never had feelings for Dean. I haven't talked to him in awhile and.. she puts her head in her hands sighing. I could always act like I didn't open it. She stuff the note into her bag as her heart feels dull not knowing what lays ahead of her in the following weeks.

...

45 minutes later she had finished her still-life painting. It wasn't her best, as her brain and heart were occupied with thoughts of them, but it would ensure a high B giving her a cushion for Finals. As she began to walk to lunch her phone vibrated in her pocket. She had forgotten that she had saved his number before she moved to Minnesota. Luke Torres flashed over her text notification.

Luke Torres 👑:
Hey

Hey (:

Luke Torres👑:
Are you really coming
back to Manhattan for
break?

It was supposed to
be a surprise 🙄

Luke Torres👑:
That's not a no😏

We are hanging out

What if I don't want to

Luke Torres👑:
Rude

I'm kidding

Ana sits down at the Ducks lunch table saying hi to the Ducks as she keeps texting.

But seriously not with you
and Sophie

Luke Torres👑:
We broke up, you
don't have to worry
about that

WHAT??!!

Luke Torres👑:
Yell louder I don't think
all of Manhattan could hear
you

Pft 💀
Are you okay though?

Luke Torres👑:
Yeah it just didn't feel right

Meanwhile Luke looks up at his friends being quite. As his phone gets snatched out of his hands.

Matthew scrolls through his phone reading his text aloud. Are you really coming back to Manhattan for break? It was supposed to be a surprise with the rolling eye emoji.

Luke tries to grab the phone Blaise catch. The phone glides into the air as Blaise catches it with one hand, Whose Anastasia?

Just someone I know from New York.

Blaise continues to read the next line That's not a no smirking face.

Theo looks at his friend Luke flirting, didn't think I'd see the day he laughs.

No, I've seen him flirt. He's just isn't good at it. Matthew responds.

Theo walks to Blaise looking at the texts. Oh Theo covers his mouth with his hand Damn Blaise says. Matthew looks at Luke as he becomes increasingly annoyed.

Are you done? Luke asked looking at his friends.

Matthew takes the phone and hands it to Luke. Are you going to tell her you like her.

No... I don't know. Can't exactly date her.

Why not? Theo says.

Because we go to school here and she lives in Minnesota. The rules..

oh fuck the rules Matthew and Theo say.

Shes going to be in Manhattan December 1st. I'll just see how it goes from there.

That's our boy Matthew pats him on the back as they walk out the door to go to their next class.