1 -'๑'- last kiss.

Matilda lied under the sun, which kindly warmed her face. she opened her eyes to the splatters of water falling onto her face. " you're back. " she smiled.

Conrad's smile widened, as Matilda's face grew pink, in a shy manner. " I'm back. " he chuckled, in an almost sing song tone.

Conrad leant over her fiddling with the infinity necklace, perfectly sat on her chest, as he connected his lips with hers. Matilda smiled into the kiss, cupping his face.

" ew! " Steven grimaced,

" We get it, you guys are insanely in love. " Jeremiah chuckled, jokingly.

Matilda and Conrad pulled apart, smiling mischievously at eachother.

" ignore them. " Susannah laughed, walking out into the back garden, " you're perfect together. "

Matilda and Conrad both laughed quietly, before they connected there lips once more.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Matilda was woken up by the bus stopping,  she had arrived. she jumped off, outside the high school, and headed inside to the main reception. There she saw; Belly, Laurel, Colin, and Taylor.

" Tills! " Belly smiled warmly.

" Hello sweet girl! " Laurel beamed, pulling the girl into a tight hug. " it's been so long. "

" I know, I'm sorry. " Matilda sighed apologetically.

" Don't be sorry, honey. " Laurel told her firmly, making her smile.

Taylor was next to pull her into a side hug, " hey! " she chuckled.

" hey Taylor. " Matilda smiled kindly, as Taylor rubbed her shoulder.

" do you guys know if uh, Conrad's coming? " Matilda couldn't help herself but ask.

" No honey , he isn't, I'm sorry. " Laurel sighed, scratching the back of her neck.

" oh. " Matilda nodded, smiling weakly.

" Hey, If it makes you feel better, Jere isn't coming either so.." Belly spoke up, trying to lighten the mood.

Nothing had been the same since Conrad broke up with Matilda, or since Susannah died.

" Steven will be really happy you're here, Matilda. " Colin nodded, " he really looks up to you. "

Matilda smiled, waving her hand dismissively, " he's like my brother, I wouldn't miss this. "

The group all shared a smile. this was family.

" come on, let's go through. " Colin gently smiled at the girls, leading them all through.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Taylor, Matilda, and Belly, all met Steven at the back of the school after his speech.

" He's so extra. " Taylor commented, rolling her eyes playfully, as they watched him talk to someone. " Although, he kinda earned it with that speech. "

" you would say that. " Matilda smirked, making Belly chuckle.

" yeah, I mean his speech kinda pierced my soul. " Belly nodded admittedly,

Taylor and Matilda shared a light snicker.

" Don't laugh! " Belly giggled, " it's like I've been in this nightmare ever since Susannah died.." she drifted off

Matilda's smile fell, as she nodded slowly, " maybe it's time to wake up. "

Taylor frowned sympathetically, as she lightly rubbed both the girls arms.