4 -'๑'- so cold, but so sweet.

▶︎၊၊|||||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• melting, Kali Uchis.

Conrad opened the door, leaning in to turn the light switch on, he then moved, holding the door for Matilda.

Matilda dashed into the house, smiling, but shivering. Conrad shut the door, as the two began down the corridor, looking at the painted portraits from the summer on the wall.

" it's so weird being here in winter. " Matilda chuckled, remembering the soft summer air.

Conrad smiled, " right " he nodded in agreement, " I'll go get a fire started, so we don't freeze to death. "

" I'll go see if we have any food left, maybe we left some cookies or something " Matilda suggested, as the two were starving.

Conrad nodded, " good luck. " he smiled, as his girlfriend went to search the bare cupboards

" it's a pain in the ass tryna get this fire going. " Conrad grunted from the living room,

" Were you not a scout that one time, learning these things? " Matilda retorted playfully, Conrad could practically hear her mischievous smile from the other room.

" Shut up! " Conrad laughed lightly, shaking his head as his tone mocked offence.

Suddenly, Matilda ran into the room, waving round a tin of hot chocolate powder, " hot cocoa! " she smiled proudly.

A smile etched upon Conrad's face, " perfect "

Matilda smiled widely, " right! "

⁺₊ ☀︎ ⁺₊

" these are gonna be real chocolaty! " Matilda called out, grinning proudly from the kitchen. she finished stirring the two mugs of hot cocoa, before walking into the living area.

Matilda sat down, placing the mugs down, smiling over at Conrad.

Conrad stared at her, smiling gently. Matilda felt fireworks fly in her stomach, as she blinked, " you want your hot cocoa? "

Conrad blinked quick, realising he was staring at her, as he went all flustered. he didn't know what was happening tonight, but he couldn't take his eyes of her, but he also felt nervous to be around her. "Uh, yeah yeah! " he nodded, hurrying over to the couch.

He sat down on the couch, far from Matilda. He picked up his cup, and took a sip before coughing.

" what's wrong? " Matilda asked, nervously.

Conrad's cough soon turned into a light chuckle, " that is really..powdery. " he told her, not wanting to hurt her feelings, but he looked amused nonetheless.

" actually, Fisher, I'll have you know, cocoa is my specialty. " Matilda smirked, raising a brow, "  so, you should be grateful. "

Conrad looked shy, as he mustered up a sheepish smile, his cheeks glowing pink, " thanks " he chuckled quietly. " I'm very very grateful. " he smiled nervously.

Matilda smiled, shaking her head. " you can sit closer, you know. " she looked amused, at the boy sat so far away.

Conrad nodded, budging up next to her. The two stared at eachother, smiling not awkwardly, but vulnerably as such. Conrad then brushed a thumb on her temple, avoiding eye contact.

Matilda looked confused, bringing a hand to where his thumb was. " have I got something on my face? "

Conrad quickly retreated his thumb, " no no, it's just- uh, ... freckles. " he mumbled sheepishly.