5-'๑'- Id go back to Decemeber .

" Violet. Charlie. " Conrad reluctantly greeted them, his eyes then locked on Matilda, who pursed her lip, her eyes glistening with tears that threatened to fall. He then tore his gaze away, when Jeremiah spoke again.

" so, this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls? " Jeremiah questioned him, unimpressed.

Conrad looked irritated, " Jere, Jere- did you not hear what I just said? Aunt Julia owns this whole place. "

Jeremiah's irritation grew, " Well, just call Dad and figure something out! "

Conrad scoffed, " you think I haven't already done that? he said legally the house is hers. "

Jeremiah still wasn't seeing reason with Conrad, " okay, buy it? "

" HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY IT, MEDICAL BILLS- "

Jeremiah cut him of, bitterly, " Yeah, I know how much that cost because I was there. "

Conrad's expression fell slightly, and silence fell.

Jeremiah asked , " how long has this all been happening, and why didn't you tell me? "

Conrad sighed, attempting to softly explain, " Jere, this was all happening so fast, I was going to tell you after I had taken care of it. "

" Oh, and this is you taking care of it?"  Jeremiah mocked him.

Matilda shot Jeremiah a sharp look, " Jeremiah. "

Charlie gently told her, " don't get involved "

Jeremiah started again, " so that's your plan Connie? go of the rails? Ditch school- "

" FUCK SCHOOL! " Conrad yelled,

" if you don't go back, you will fail your class. " Jeremiah warned him,

Matilda shook her head, " Conrad, how are you going to become a doctor if you fail college? " she questioned him softly, but firmly, a meaningful brow raised.

Conrad's face twisted. She still remembered he changed , to wanting to be a doctor.

After a moment, Conrad regained himself, " neither of you know what you're talking about. "

At this point, Belly let out a scoff, " seriously? "

Conrad raised a brow.

" we went to browns, to check on your ass. " Violet told him, pointing at all of them.

Jeremiah shook his head, " I didn't think you'd pull this shit again.. but you don't care about anyone, apart from yourself. "

Conrad looked hurt, he said nothing back, not wanting to make things worse.

And with that, Jeremiah stormed out the room. Belly followed after him, " Jeremiah! " she called, and then the door slammed.

Conrad looked deflated, as he went and leaned on the fireplace.

" Tilda " Charlie whispered, gesturing for her to leave the room with him and Violet.

Matilda shook her head, " one second " she whispered.

Violet sent her a pointed , but protective look. Charlie sighed, eventually walking him and Violet out the room.

Matilda looked at him, her expression pained as he wouldn't even look at her. " I'm sorry about me being here making you uncomfortable. " she apologised.

Conrad momentarily glanced at her. he knew it was best to stay away from her, and not tell her how much he loved her, but in this moment, he couldn't ignore her. " I've been around you my whole life, I don't think you being around is a discomfort for me by now. " he weakly joked,