12

Lucas' POV

I stared down at my tired little mate, when I first walked in, the look of fear in her eyes made me hurt and Ashton was whimpering in pain of our mate being afraid of us.

Fortunately she recognized me by my voice, looking into her clear blue ocean eyes reminding me of rain and the ocean, they are beautiful.

Just like her.

Finally being able to finally talk to her made my heart swell up but the moment she held onto me and started crying, my heart broke, she went through so much up until now.

She begged me not to take her back there, I could tell she has so many bitter memories there.

I looked at her sleeping figure, her silver/white like hair flowing down her shoulders, I stood there admiring her.

"Mate heart hurts"

Ashton tells me, but I already knew. For her to ask me if she could trust me... it means she hadn't ever trusted before.

I promised her I wouldn't hurt her or let anyone hurt her, and I'll keep that promise.

I kissed her forehead wiping off the tears left on her face.

It hurts to leave her by herself but I called in the nurse and told to prepare a meal good enough to eat when she wakes up.

"Lucas you okay?" Adrian asks me through the link.

Oh yeah, when the nurse mind linked me, I was with Adrian and Nate discussing about the festival.

"Yeah I'm fine...my mate woke up" I replied, there was silence.

"Really! Congratulations man! Hope she's doing good yeah?" Nate shouted over the link, guess he was with Adrian.

"That's great, hope she's okay. We'll take care of the rest. You should be with her" Adrian encouraged.

I smiled looking down at my mate "yeah thanks" I said sincerely.

"Of course" Adrian replied

"Take care of Luna!" Nate concluded

****5 hours later****

I feel small movements nudging at my head, I raised my head to see my mate staring down at me.

I jumped up from the bed working up straight "you're up" I smiled.

She nervously nodded at me and tried to avoid my eyes again, but I held her hand to keep her eyes on me.

"I don't even know your name love, can you tell me?" I asked watching her movements Incase she uncomfortable.

She looked at me like she was thinking, biting down her bottom lip "My..name is I.. Iris" she spoke shyly.

She looked so cute and her name was so unique, I hadn't heard of such name before.

"You also have a very unique name" I chuckled. She studied my face and smiled, she actually smiled, good we're getting somewhere.