CHAPTER FOUR

"Madam I pray you listen to me  for a while, am not here to harm you or do anything weird to your son, am here to help." The strangers coarse voice sounded calm betraying his outlook.

Monica didn't answer, she instead looked on as the stranger gave himself a seat.

"Peterson, is my name though the ones I knew called me Pete" he said as he held his hands together.

He looked around the house from the artistic portraits on the walls to the photos hanging around the house.

" What do you want?" Monica asked while looking at the stranger with a sharp eye.

'' Madam, I already told you, I am here to save Griffin." Pete replied as he picked crumbs of crisps from his pocket

"Are you from the NHS or any  health institutions conducting research on my son's disease"

"Wait," Pete stood up coming closer to Monica "He is not sick in any form" he added

Monica who wore a disgusting look on her face, looked at Griffin and Miya who were silent and confused as she was.

"Get out of my house" Monica uttered each word carefully while she closed her eyes

"Madam you're lucky am here to warn you, but nobody did on my son, you should listen at least before they come for him. "

" I will call police, if you spend just more ten seconds under my roof."

" But Mom....." Griffin tried to intervene.

" Right now is not the best time to discuss this Griffin..."

" I will leave, but remember my words, normally bugs have limited days before they are wiped out when they hit there eighteenth birthday, for my son they were twenty eight. I don't for yours but if he has started seeing events, probably the  countdown might be on, plus....."

" Get out!" Monica who screamed on top of her thin voice

Pete got out but his words were still hanging around the house, half of Monica wanted it to be true that Griffin was not sick. The other half, however, was resistant.

On the table Pete had left a   note with his address, Miya saw it and she tactically came forward and removed it .

*******
Monica, Griffin and Miya had reached seven sisters beach in Sussex. Everything had gone back to normal as if nothing had happened and the three were playing volleyball.

"Oh mom that's cheating. Am outnumbered.

Monica and Miya had paired while  Griffin was alone.

"Can I join you?" An old lady asked softly.

"Yes you can." Monica replied quickly as soon as she noticed awe on her son's face.

But as soon as the old lady started punching the ball, Monica noticed something, her face. She was familiar with her face.

Her physique was not something many with her age had, at times Griffin would just stand and watch the old lady punching the ball above the net as she pulled off even some saves.

"Am tired." Monica uttered lazily as she sat down in the sand.

"Me too!" Miya also gave in.

Griffin who was starting to enjoy held the ball and looked at  all of them confused.

"Are you tired because we have started to win." Griffin inquired as he bounced the ball

The old lady who had posed with her hands in her waist crossed the net and went to Monica's side.