Let me take care of you | Fluff, modern au

Yanfei had never called out for work before, having a relatively stable immune system, but her boss practically forced her to call out today. Her temperature was relatively high and she could swear her body felt like it was on fire, miserable was the perfect way to describe how she felt right now. The slightest sound shot spirals of pain throughout her forehead, from the shuffling of the sheets whenever she moved to the sound of passing by cars from the window.

It was her girlfriend who had devoted the day to taking care of Yanfei, keeping their pet cat occupied so she wouldn't sneak into their room somehow, the cat knew things that bewildered the funeral director. ' We need to let Yanyan nap.' She muttered to the fluffy cat curled up on her lap, seemingly not caring about what she had to say. 'Boo you menace.' She whispered softly followed by a short giggle as she softly patted the top of the cat's head.

Following a few hours into Yanfei's day off, Hu Tao quietly creaked the door open, staring in awe at the legal advisor huddled up in a ball, covered in blankets and her face buried in one of Hu Tao's plushies. Hu Tao didn't mind it, she found the sight absolutely precious. Making sure the door made no noise behind her when she stepped out of the room, 'I should make her some soup!' Hu Tao sneaked off to the kitchen and looked through the cabinets, the fridge, trying to see what she could make.

Before coming to a defeat when she remembered they were out of basically everything. There's something she could do! Hu Tao could go get the groceries, put them up and pick up some soup since she realized cooking wasn't the best idea when it came to her skills alone. Slumping her bag over her shoulder, tossing her phone, wallet, house keys in and slipping her shoes on and making her way out the door.

---------------------

Yanfei's eyes fluttered opened, her eyes adjusting to the light slipping through the blinds, her migraine mostly gone by now. Pulling herself out of the tangled sheets, she rubbed her eyes and let out a yawn, realizing how icky she felt. Climbing out of the bed she shared with her girlfriend, she stepped out of the bed room and surveyed her surroundings, her eyes laying on her girlfriend, who didn't seem to notice the legal advisor was awake. 

' Tao?' She mumbled, catching the attention of the other who seemed surprised to see her up. 'Yan! I got the groceries and put them up all by myself and picked up this soup for you. Um I forgot what it's called but it has tofu in it-' Hu Tao stopped herself, remembering the pounding head ache Yanfei had complained of earlier.

' It's alright Tao, my head feels better. I was going to take a shower but I'll eat first.' Immediately, Hu Tao pulled herself up and ran to the bathroom door, 'You go sleep I'll start a bath for you!' Yanfei knew there was no hope in arguing, whenever she got sick Hu Tao jumped at the opportunity to take care of her. Sighing, she was thankful for Hu Tao's help but she also worried that Hu Tao would also get sick. 

Not to hungry, Yanfei ate half the soup before putting it up, at that time Hu Tao finished setting up the bath and stuck her head out the bathroom door. 'I made sure the water was hot but not too hot and I put bath bombs in it!' Yanfei thanked the director and made her way to the bathroom. 

---------------

Hu Tao felt oddly proud of herself, congratulating herself, before she slumped onto the couch. Giving Yanfei privacy she told her she'd let her enjoy the bath, now she was bored, but also tired. She felt tiny paws press themselves against her rib cage as her pet cat, Boo, climbed on top of her and lovingly snuggled up to her, and the next moment the director found herself drifting off to sleep, one of her hands laying carefully on the ball of fluff that was napping on her,

---------------

The water felt good on her muscles, Yanfei could definitely get used to baths like this. When she felt clean, she drained the bath water and reached out for the towel, wrapping it around her and drying off. After putting on clothes, she walked out to the living rooom where Hu Tao was lovingly holding Boo, she looked almost peaceful. Yanfei savored the sight before looking around, her eyes locked on a light pink blanket draped over the couch, carefully she pulled it off and laid it on the sleepyheads. 

' Sleep well Tao.' She whispered, not wanting to get either of them sick she rushed back to their room, still feeling tired and curled back up in bed, her hands curled up to her chest, holding the plushie. It was a light pink ghost with bright pink cheeks and an adorable smile sewed onto it's face, she dug her face into the white sheets. It smelt like Tao, she thought, comforting herself and pulling the blankets over her, feeling better than she had earlier.