a week of lunch detention. not bad.

after we got taken to the principals office, he called all of our parents and we definitely got in trouble. at this point, our parents are used to our phone calls home. we definitely got lucky that our parents remeber how it was to be a teen and just having fun so our punishments aren't too bad.

we got sent back to class for the rest of the day.

the next day i woke up normal time and started my routine. i put on some brandy sweats and an oversized crew neck and left for school.

i walk in the halls with my playlist blasting through my airpods. i meet the group at my locker again and we talk until the bell rings like usual.

i walk into math and find my seat next to walker again. the teacher explains our class work today and it's just an independent review sheet. i keep both airpods in since i don't need to listen to any talking or teaching.

less than five minutes after the work was assigned, i feel a tap on my forearm. i turn to the side and meet walkers eyes.

"what's up?" i ask him

"what are you listening to?" he asks

i take my phone out of my pocket and see that practice by drakes playing. i turn my phone towards him so he can see it playing.

"nice, you've got good music taste."

"thanks" i blush back. pull yourself together dumb fuck. ain't no way you're blushing over this kid.

i turn back to my paper and a few songs later, you're gonna go far by noah kahan starts playing. i silently sing the words along,

so pack up your car,

put a hand to your heart,

say whatever you feel,

be wherever you are,

we ain't angry at you love,

your the greatest thing we've lost,

the birds'll still sing,

your folks'll still fight,

the boards'll still creak,

the leaves'll still die,

we ain't angry at you love.

it's always been one of my comfort songs. between the lyrics and the problem i was solving, i didn't even notice walker admiring me doing my work.

next, i start tapping my pencil to the beat of never be like you by flume. guilty pleasure. 

although i never noticed that i did all of these things subconsciously, walker definitely did and mentally took note of it. he thought it was cute.

a few minutes later i put one of my airpods back into the case and tapped walker.

"can you help me with number 23?"

"sure,  all you need to do is solve for x which is 4 over y plus 34."

"that makes no sense." i deadpan.

he lets out a laugh that was really cute. BRO WHATTT?.!. i catch myself. my cheeks turn pink and i just try to focus back on walkers explanation.

i think i would understand math a lot better if walker was the one teaching it to me.

a/n

i'm actually writing, wow!!! anyways  im really bored and idk what to do with the sorry so just be prepared for it to go slowly. my thought process is like these first chapters kind of show the fire group dynamic and everyone's personalities since they're bigger characters.