My New Home

Wait. Hold up. Simon Cowell? THE Simon Cowell? 

 "If you're my uncle, how come I've never seen you before? And why didn't my parents ever mention you?" Why is he here now? After 2 years?

So many questions were going through my head. So many memories came back of them. My moms name is Bella Moore. My dad Xavier Moore. My names Arrabella Moore. But if he was my uncle how come we have different last names?

 "I can see you have many questions. How about I tell you the whole story on our way to your new home?"

 "You adopted me?" 

"Of course. Seeing as you are my niece. Now come on, the car is out back."

I had to pack all of my stuff, which wasn't much. My backpack consisted of my notebook, my 3 beanies, and the only 3 outfits I owned. Then I had my guitar slung over my shoulder.

 "You play really well on the guitar. Quite beautifully if I may add. Did Xaiver teach you?"

 It took me a while to answer. Their death still a terrible thing to remember. I miss them so much. I like to wonder what my life would be like if they were still alive.  We were on our way out the adoption home, and many of the kids were envious as to who I was with.

 "Ya. He did. Um.. Where is the car?"

 "Right here!" He said as he pointed to a black and white 2014 Jeep. He must have saw my confused face because he said "Thought I'd have a limo huh?"

 "Ya.." I said still confused as to why THE Simon Cowelle didn't have a limo.

 "I don't like the stereotypes people make. Just because I have a lot of money does not mean I get the fanciest stuff to buy. I'll have you know that I really like jeeps. This here is my baby Suzy." 

 "Suzy? You named your jeep? You don't have a weird fetish with cars.. right?" I added sarcastically. He said he wasn't a stereotypical rich man and he named his car?

 "Nope. I just really like my Jeep." He said as he took my stuff and put it in the back. " So why don't you hop in and we can go home. Okay?" 

 I shrugged my shoulders as if to say 'sure'. I got in the passenger side of the car as we headed down the streets of Doncaster, London. There was an awkward tension in the car and neither one of us spoke for 10 min. Finally he broke the silence.

 "So I'm guessing you wanna know why I just now got you after 2 years. Well, to be honest I just found out about 2 days ago that my brother had a kid. He didn't tell me for reasons I don't know. To say I was mad and upset was an understatement. I mean you're 17! If I would have known, I promise you I would have been there for you. I would've been in your life, taken you places, do everything an uncle would've done. I mean he's my only brother! And we usually tell each other everything!" He said getting madder. I could tell he was actually hurt that my dad didn't tell him. He had tears in his eyes as he kept going. "17 years. I know nothing about you. All those times I'd see him and he was lying to me!"

 He sounded so sincere. Would he actually be the person in my life that I need? Then I asked a very dangerous question.