Chapter 2 - Helping a Friend

[Word count - 675]

A few weeks later...

Location - The Park

Location - The Park

Your POV

I took Kaoru's advice and tried doing different activities to see if I was good in anything, but guess what? I didn't work out so much. When I mentioned this to Kaoru, she told me not to give up, and I guess I might as well take her own advice.

Little did I know that something I used to do in the past will resurface itself once again...

It is now the start of March, and that could only mean one thing; Spring is right around the corner, and that I get to see all of the Sakura Cherry Blossom trees with Chisato and Kaoru. I just hope we'll have time for it just we did when we were kids.

For the time being, I am making my way to the park. The reason for that is because of a text message Kaoru sent to me. This is what she said.

Kaoru's text: Greetings, my buddy. Whenever you get the chance, come meet me at the park. There's something important I need to talk to you about.

Important... right...

I can't imagine what Kaoru would have in store for me, but by the time I got to the park, I was able to spot her in casual outfit for spring.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. Thank you very much for coming." She said as she took my hand and kissed it yet again.

I blushed and pulled it away quickly.

"Yeah, no problem..."

Upon seeing me, she let out a chuckle.

"Ah, (Y/N), your reaction is quite precious." She giggled.

"Okay... enough about that." I said whilst trying to pull myself together. "You said you wanted my help with something, right?"

"Indeed I do, and it's centered around this."

Kaoru handed me something and I took a moment to look at it. It turns out to be a script for a play. Feeling confused, I looked up at her.

"Is this for a play?" I asked.

"Indeed it is." Kaoru responds as she crosses her arms.

(Pretend Kaoru is wearing her new outfit)

"It's a play that's written by yours truly." She explained.

"You wrote this play?" I asked. "That's pretty cool."

"Indeed it is. However, there is one thing that bothers me deeply." She said.

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

She asked me to read through the whole script in order to answer my question. As I did, I was able to see what the problem was.

"Oh, there's no ending."

"Indeed, there isn't..." Kaoru said as she made a solemn expression.

(Once again, imagine Kaoru wearing her new outfit)

"This is where you come in, my dear friend." She said. "Do you think you have the time to come up with an ending for this little idea of mine?"

"I guess I can, but why me?" I asked.

"Because I've seen the way you write scripts for Chisato and I when we were kids." She said. "If I trust anyone, it'd be you."

Kaoru really believes in me, huh? Well, she was right about the script writing part. But that was so long ago, I don't know if I'll be able to do it. But I can tell that she's counting on me, and I don't want to let her down.

"Fine..." I said and sighed in defeat. "I'll do it."

Kaoru chuckled before smiling at me.

"Excellent, my fleeting prince

"Excellent, my fleeting prince." She said. "I knew I could count on you."

To be continued

A/N: Happy birthday to Seta Kaoru, the guitarist of Hello, Happy World!, aka my favorite band. Also, chapter 1 has been updated, so go check it out if you want to.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny

Shout-out to those who became recent followers

Finnzyl

Shout-out to those who added my books to their reading lists!

AntePavelic

RyutoSaan

Vannnnnila

Mohd_Hamizan

lightsevenyu

Mikzeru_Kazuki