Chapter 3 - Making Modifications

[Word count - 755]

Evening...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

"Don't worry, mom. I am doing a good job at taking care of myself." I said while talking to my mother on the phone.

"Okay, but I am just making sure." She said. "You know how worried I am about you."

"Yeah, I know." I said before letting out a chuckle.

"I better get going. Make sure to call me tomorrow, okay?" My mom requested.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up after talking to my mom. This is how it was ever since I moved out of my parents house. I would hear from my dad every morning, and I would hear from my mom every night. It was a normal routine, and I like to keep it that way.

Now that I finished talking to my mom, it was about time I buckle down and work on the script Kaoru gave me. She said she needed an ending for it, and I am going to give her one.

"Let's see..."

I read the script that Kaoru gave me. It was supposed to be about a prince who is quite rebellious, and what starts out as him wandering off into the woods, evolved into him finding his true love. I smiled as I got to the part where Kaoru was stuck at.

It's an interesting plot for sure, but how exactly am I supposed to end it for her? I thought long and hard about this, but nothing was coming to mind. At that moment, my phone notifications went off.

I looked at it, and I saw that it was a text from Chisato. I looked at it to see what she wanted.

Chisato's text: I heard you're helping Kaoru out with a script. Is that true?

I responded back.

Your text: Yeah, I am.

I know Chisato is feeling a little annoyed right now. She never did liked it when I helped out Kaoru with certain tasks because she knows she capable of doing it herself.

Chisato's text: You really can't say no to her, huh?

Your text: That's because she's my friend, and I want to help her out.

Chisato's text: Well, I'll admit that you are a sweetheart heart for doing that, but please, make sure you take care of yourself? For me?

I smiled as I knew that Chisato is looking out for me. I texted her back.

Your text: Thanks, I promise to be careful.

I put my phone down and got back to work. Although, the conversation I had with Chisato just now sparked an idea inside of me.

"Wait, I wonder..."

I managed to come up with an idea for the ending of the play, and without any hesitation, I start to write it down. Hopefully Kaoru is okay with this idea.
_____________________________________________

The next day...

Location - The Park

Location - The Park

I asked Kaoru to come to the park the next day, and I told her that I would have the script with me. I spent all night coming up with this ending, so I really hope she likes it.

I arrived at the park, and I spotted Kaoru sitting on one of the benches. She looked at me with that dashing prince smile of hers.

"Ah, do my eyes deceive me, or is that (Y/N) I see?" She asked as soon as I got closer and sat down

"Yeah, it's me." I said and I start to yawn a bit.

"Oh my, someone seems tired." Kaoru said. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"To be honest, no.." I said and yawned again. "I was up all night coming up with an ending for your script, and I think I had a breakthrough."

I handed Kaoru the script and she looked through it. After finish reading the ending I came up with, she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Ah, (Y/N). This ending is so... fleeting."

"You think so?" I asked.

"Indeed. Thank you for coming through for me."

"Yeah, no problem..."

I did my best to stay awake, but I couldn't... I rested my head on Kaoru's shoulder, and at that moment, I fell asleep. I felt Kaoru's arm around me as I hear...

"Sleep well, my fleeting prince, and thank you for your help."

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny