Chapter Four

"Where are my sons?"

"Where were you when your wife tried to kill them?"

You ask Jason as you stand in front of him.

"My wife Medea slaughtered her brother, she turned her back on her people, she-" He began to repeat the tale you already knew, and you interrupted him.

"No need to retell the story, I'm already familiar with it," you said in a calm and steady voice.

"However, you knew what she was like, yet you went and cheated on her and not only but you also exiled her"

Jason looks down at the ground in shame, before letting out a sigh.

You sent to inform him about his sons, he might have never known what happened to them if you didn't tell him.

But the tone in which you spoke conveyed a lecturing nature, similar to how one would reprimand a young child.

"You don't understand what it's like to deal with an insane woman like Medea and feel like you might be her next victim"

"Yes, but that's why it's foolish to do what you did, you do realize that?"

"Who are you?"

You smile at Jason, before changing the subject to avoid answering the question.

"If you wish to get your precious two sons back without me killing them, you have to sacrifice yourself"

Of course, you are not going to kill anyone, it's just a test to see how Jason will react to it.

"I will do it"

"I will condemn you to an eternity of torture in Tartarus, where you will suffer the agony of daily self-flagellation. Every time you finish, your skin will painfully regenerate only to be flayed again."

You make sure to force images of the horrible torture into his mind as you speak the words.

Jason is filled with horror but doesn't change his mind about sacrificing himself for his sons.

"Do it, I only wish for my children to be safe"

"If you say so"

However, as the Greek hero closes his eyes, awaiting the torture and to be sent to Tartarus.

Instead he hears you calling the names of his sons.

"Mermerus! Pheres! come here, darlings"

Jason opens his eyes to watch his sons run up to him with wide smiles on their faces.

The man wrapped his arms around the two individuals, his relief palpable as if a vital part of his body had ceased functioning, only to spring back into life once more.

His sons are a part of him.

Deep down, you knew that Jason would choose his sons.

Simply because after the death of his child in the myth, he refused to have other children and died alone from sadness.

"Congratulations, you passed the test, you can leave now"

"I'm not going to leave until you tell me who you are, my fair lady" Jason demands in a polite manner.

"Oh, where are my manners?" You laugh,

"I'm known for many titles, yet there is no need to know who I am as we will never meet again." Jason looks at you with wide eyes.

"I suppose I need a name to address you, my fair lady?" You laugh again.

"Not at all. I'm here to help in any way I can, with no particular request in return. I just wanted to make sure your sons made it home safe and sound."

"I insist"

You hate Jason, his stubbornness annoys you.

"Ask your friend, Heracles"

Jason seemed taken aback by this revelation.

"You know Heracles?" he repeated, as if he couldn't quite believe it.

"Yes, we've been friends for quite some time," you replied thoughtfully.

"He's a great listener, always ready to lend a helping hand. And he's quite the warrior, if I may say so myself."

"Were you his lover?"

"No" you deny.

"Are you married?"

Hearing the last question made you bite down on your bottom lip.

"If I got a golden coin for every time someone asked me that question, I would have been the richest woman in Greece"

"So the answer is no?"

You cringe at how Jason is flirting with you casually.

"I suggest you leave before I curse you, Jason"

°°°

"Your wife is no longer in the underworld, she left," Hermes informed his brother, Apollo, while running a comb through his hair and staring at his reflection with a slight smirk.

"Where did she go?" Apollo asked, curious about the information that his brother had just revealed.

"I'm not entirely sure, all I know is that while I was delivering something to Persephone, she slipped up and mentioned that (Y/n) had left the underworld." Hermes said with a shrug.

"I will go search for her, I will-"

Hermes cuts his brother off with laughter before turning around and pointing his comb at him.

"You can't be serious, if she finds out that you have taken a lover, she would be furious, Apollo"

Apollo grits his teeth at Hermes taunting.

"I will leave Hyacinth once I find her"

Hermes only continues to heckle Apollo with words.

"If (Y/n) divorces you, many will be ready to make her their wife"

Hermes grabs the music god's hand before placing the comb in it.

"And I will be one of those many"

"You won't dare" Apollo sneers, ready to kill Hermes.

"I can, after all, I'm the god of thievery"

Hermes finishes his sentence, patting Apollo on the head.

"Brush your hair brother, (Y/n) likes her man well groomed"