Chapter Nine

"You have to come with me."

"No, I don't."

After a long conversation with Hades, Heracles manages to convince the deity of the underworld to let Pirithous and Theseus go.

Even though Hades wished to punish Pirithous, when Heracles pleaded with you, you convinced Hades to let him go.

"Do you wish to spend the rest of your life in the underworld?" Heracles asks in disbelief and confusion.

"Just because I don't wish to come with you doesn't mean I will spend the rest of my life here." 

Heracles realises you will not comply, so he gives up on the notion of taking you with him.

"Take care of yourself. Also, I would like to thank you."

"For what?"

"Hera stopped attamping to kill me because of you."

"Oh, that"

Indeed, you remember telling Hera that she shouldn't take her anger out on her husband's mistresses and children.

And it seems like she listened.

This means...

"Are you having a happy life with your wife and children?" You ask.

"What are you talking about? I don't have a wife nor any children." 

"Oh, I thought you did."

Wait, why didn't Heracles marry?

You decided not to ask that question due to it being none of your business.

"Are you not going to ask me why I'm not married?"

It looks like Heracles is the one who wants you to ask him that question.

"Why aren't you married?"

"Because I worship you and decided to devote myself completely to you."

You chuckle nervously as he grabs hold of your hands before getting down on his knees and placing his forehead against them.

"If you ever need, I will answer as your devoted."

Once you start to feel uncomfortable, you quickly remove your hands from him.

You take a deep breath before asking him to get back up. You can feel a mix of emotions.

Thankfulness and slight confusion at Heracles' overly dramatic gesture.

"Heracles, please get up. You don't need to go that far. You've always been a devoted follower. But you need to understand that I'm not perfect"

You miss being a human.

Seeing a look of both understanding and sadness in Heracles' eyes made you relax.

He finds it difficult to live a normal life without you, but he also knows that you would not want someone to adore you in a possessive way.

Heracles appears to be accepting of the fact that it is a challenging balance for him.

"I understand, my lady. Thank you for your kindness and understanding."

Heracles says, getting back on his feet.

"But I must thank you for everything you've given me the power, the knowledge, and the guidance to be the man I am today."

'Haha, I didn't give you any of those, though.'

Though you're moved by his words and the deep gratitude he has for you,

It reminds you of why you chose him as your favourite hero in the first place.

Not just because he was strong, but because he has a good heart and a pure spirit.

"Your thanks are not needed, Heracles. You've been a loyal friend. I'm just glad I could play a small part in your life. I hope you find the happiness you deserve."

Pirithous cuts in when he sees how Theseus is jealous of the interaction between you and Heracles.

"Can we leave now? I'm tired of standing here."

"Take them and leave, before I curse him with a donkey tail," you order, glaring at Pirithous.

"Do it, curse me I dare you"

°°°

Heracles and the two travellers made their way back to the land of the living.

Pirithous returned back with a donkey tail as a reminder of his insult.

While you returned to your chamber only to discover Hyacinth flowers on your bed.

And a little note next to it. 

I turned his body into flowers as an apology for what I have done, I wish for you to know that I have realized my mistakes and I apologize for everything.
-Apollo

You roll your eyes before ripping the note into shreds.

"I assume you won't ever accept his apology"

Persephone says as she walks into the room with crossed arms while stare at you with sympathy.

"How did Apollo even get in here?" You ask, wondering who allowed him into the underworld.

"I met him at the gates of the underworld, he told me to give you those flowers and note" Persephone explains.

"I need some fresh air from all that happened, what do you suggest I should do"

Persephone smirks and grabs both your hands.

"Let me find you a new lover to change your mood for the better"