Chapter Eight

"So, goddess of aid, would you kindly help us get out of this situation?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I do not support criminals."

You respond to Theseus while both of them are tied to a cursed chair, preventing them from getting up and leaving.

"Please," Pirithous pleaded. 

"We need your help. We'll do anything. We'll go on a quest for you; we'll fight our way out of this; we'll give you anything we have. We'll even worship you harder! Please, goddess, you must help us!"

"Nah, I don't have to do anything," you say.

The only reason you are acting like that is because you know that Heracles will arrive soon to save them.

Or just save Theseus, because according to the myth, Hades doesn't allow Pirithous to leave.

Pirithous scoffs once he realises you won't help them.

“Goddess of Aid? More like the goddess of abandonment. You’re more useless than a broken toy."

His words only made you raise an eyebrow.

"Showing your true colours early, are we?" You mock him.

"Just ignore him; he doesn't know what he is saying." Theseus tries to correct what his friend has ruined.

"You said you two wished to save Persephone and I from Hades, correct?" 

"Yes, that was our true intention, and now we only wish to leave here in peace." 

"Yes, just like how you kidnapped Helen of Sparta."

Theseus cusses in his head and sighs.

"She is back with her family now, and I-"

"And you decided to repeat the same stupid mistake; come on, I thought you were intelligent, Theseus," you teasingly say, causing him to blush.

"I would have made a better husband than Apollo," the Athenian hero exclaims.

Upon hearing the familiar god's name, you roll your eyes.

"I am not going to make the same mistake twice; my experience with Apollo was not good,” you declare.

After saying that, Hades enters the room with a wicked grin on his face.

Theseus scoffs at the god of the dead. 

“What do you want now?” he says defiantly. 

Hades knows they have no way out of this mess and have been waiting for the right moment to add some spice to the situation. 

“You two are guilty of trying to kidnap Persephone and
(Y/n); they are my family,” He says, making the pair even more anxious.

"What are you going to do to us?" Pirithous asks, now scared. 

“I'm going to give you a punishment even worse than death,” Hades replies, his tone getting darker. 

Theseus gulps and tries to stay cool, holding back any kind of fear he might feel. 

“What could possibly be worse than death?” the Athenian hero says with his sour attitude.

“I have a couple of ideas,”

Hades tells them as he opens the ground behind them, revealing a pit that looks like it goes as far down in Tartarus. 

The two men begin to panic even more as they realise there might be no way out of this situation.

“I know where you’ll end up,” Hades continues, his grin growing wider.

Theseus looks down and frowns. 

“That looks bad,” Pirithous sighs, knowing that his time might be up.

"Yes, and you two are going to spend and enternity in there"

Just when Hades was going to drop them into Tartarus, Heracles voice echo through the palace.

"Hades! I have come here to rescue my friends"