Chapter Five

"Apollo is searching for you"

Hermes announces right after he enters your home.

"How did you know where I am?" you demand, shocked at the presence of your brother in law.

"Easy, I manipulated Persephone into telling me" Hermes replies with a smirk.

Indeed, he told Persephone that you are in deep danger as Zeus swore to assault you.

And Persephone gave him our location in fear just so you can return back to the underworld.

"Aren't you on your brother's side?" you inquire, feeling like it's a trap that Hermes planned with Apollo.

"I'm not on my brother's side," he said, his voice soft and soothing, like a snake hissing in your ear.

"I'm here to protect you. Apollo swore to have you, and Persephone was afraid for your safety. That's why she gave me your location to keep you safe and bring you back to the underworld where you belong."

Hermes was playing with your emotions, trying to deceive you into trusting him.

"I don't believe you," you spat, your eyes narrowing.

Hermes' smile widened into a predatory grin.

"You're an intelligent one, my darling" he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I'll just have to prove it to you."

With that he turns around to leave.

The fact Apollo was indeed searching for you. The weight of the world crashed down upon your shoulders, and you knew that the only way to survive was to have an ally, and hope that you could outsmart him.

"Wait"

Hermes stops and turns around to face you once again.

"What do you have to offer me?"

"I can help you separate from Apollo"

You sigh and shake your head at him.

"I don't need to do that, because I'm not really married to him to begin with"

Hermes is surprised to find out that your marriage to his brother is still a fraud.

Apollo told him that you two married in secret after Anteros accident.

"So you won't care if I told you that Apollo has taken a lover while you were gone"

You were stunned to hear his words.You knew that Apollo had always shown his obsession with  you, but you weren't expecting him to find another so soon.

The thought of him getting tired of you and moving on made you feel sick to your stomach.

You kept being loyal to him and he betrayed you.

"Who is it?" you asked, your voice barely above a whisper.

Hermes' grin grew wider as he reveled in exposing his brother's affair.

"A spartan prince called Hyacinth"

That only made you feel sadder because Hyacinth is one of Apollo most beloved's.

Maybe you don't have the right to feel this way especially since you always wished to find away to escape him.

Yet you never thought of cheating on him in this toxic relationship you share with him.

"Why are you telling me this? Why would you risk Apollo's wrath by telling me the truth?" you asked, still unsure if you could trust Hermes.

"I want to wreck your relationship with my brother" Hermes answer in a blunt way.

"Why?" you ask calmly.

"Because Apollo treats you like a naive little girl"

He begins, leaning towards you, his lips inches away from yours.

"But if you become mine, I will treat you the way you deserve to be treated" 

You smirk at him before moving away from him.

"Well, then I need your help in my revenge plan"

"And what is that revenge plan?" Hermes raise a question in curiosity.

"I will tell you once you take me to Zephyrus"