-4-

Tae had been staying in his hotel for days. He hadn't been in contact with anyone, and demanded not to be disturbed as well, because he was still trying to mend his broken heart. It was funny how a rejection could give him so much pain. If he knew the impact was severe, he would never buy that magazine in the first place. And he might not fall for Thanit, or wouldn't know of his existence, if he hadn't seen those beautiful pictures of that man.

But Tae knew, he couldn't get too emotional over a broken heart, since he had things that needed to be attended whether he was up for it or not. It was time for him to move on. And he had to face the world once again, and get back to his everyday life.

Reluctantly, Tae turned on his handphone that had been off ever since he locked himself in the hotel suite, to see what he had been missing while he was in isolation, and he was quite surprised to see a massive number of calls for that day, coming from his friend, Tee, whom he had trusted to run the orphanage.

Without further ado, Tae immediately returned the call, praying that nothing bad happened to the orphanage while he was gone.

'Oh my God! Finally! What the hell, dude?! Where the hell are you?!'

"I'm at the hotel suite. Why? What's wrong?"

'Jeez! I should have known!'

"What's wrong, Tee? Why didn't you call Gao, if you needed me so bad?"

'I was going to, but you called me first.'

"So...why did you call me?"

'It's Rowan. We are in the hospital.'

"What?!"

'Just get here quick. I will tell you everything later. Rowan has been crying his heart out for you, and he won't stop if he doesn't see you.'

"Okay...okay...I'll be there as soon as possible. Just try to do whatever you can to console him." Tae said as he hurriedly left the suite and rushed over to the hospital where he always took the children to get their health check up.

"Uncle Tae...." Rowan wailed once he saw his favourite man right in front of him.

"Rowan! What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Tae asked worriedly, as he carefully sat on the hospital bed and checked on the boy. "What's wrong with his hand?" He asked Tee, and he couldn't hide the fact that he was pretty upset that his favourite little boy was in pain.

"He was running through the corridor even after we have reprimanded him for so many times, and accidentally stumbled upon his feet. He might have hurt his hand when he tried to avoid the hard impact." Tee explained the chronology of the event. "I'm not sure if he has sprained his hand, or worst....So, I had to bring him here to have the doctor look at it. We just came back from getting an x-ray on his hand. And now we are waiting for the result."