-5-

Thanit raised his squash racket and swung it towards the ball that had bounced back from the wall. Unfortunately, he missed his aim and failed to hit the ball again. "Fuck!" He threw his racket away and dropped his arse on the cemented floor, groaning in frustration. It never happened to him before. Normally, whenever he played, the relay would take forever to stop. But not that day. And he blamed it on Tae, who had distracted his focus and made his life topsy turvy. Even though, it had been days since the meeting at the hotel, somehow, something about Tae began to pique his interest. It was frustrating indeed, and he did try to erase Tae from his brain. However, the more he tried, the more Tae's face kept popping in his head, messing with his sanity mind. He wondered whether it was because the kiss? Could it be that Tae had hexed him during the kiss, making it hard for him to forget about that man?

A heavy sigh escaped from Thanit's lips as he got up and grabbed the racket from the floor. He decided to end his squash session early and went home. He didn't want to waste his energy for a lousy session. Maybe he should just stay at home and watch some movies to get his mind off of that person.

After his car had been parked in the designated area, Thanit entered the skyscraper building in the center of Bangkok, and took the elevator to his penthouse that he bought recently. It had been his dream to have one of those luxury accommodation. He had been saving all his money that he received from working as a model just to achieve that one particular dream. His siblings did offer to pay, but he wanted to do it with his own effort, and his own money, so, he could proudly say he owned it without anyone's help. However, what he didn't expect when he bought the penthouse, was the neighbour who lived right next door.

"Mr. Tae Darvid?" Thanit was startled when he saw the same man he met at the hotel, trying to open the door to the other penthouse. And unexpectedly, there was a little boy, clinging to him.

Tae turned to the voice, and he was surprised when he saw Thanit, coming out of the elevator

Tae turned to the voice, and he was surprised when he saw Thanit, coming out of the elevator. "Mr. Itthipat..." He mumbled in perplexity.

"You live here? Since when? Did you stalk me? Did you buy the penthouse because you know I'm here too?" Thanit bombarded. "And who is that? Your son? You're married? And yet you have the audicity to court me? What kind of a man are you, who cheats on the wife?"

"Excuse me? I think, you have misunderstood my relation with this boy, and about me stalking you." Tae said, trying to explain the truth to Thanit.

"Yeah...right...Do you really think I will buy whatever you say right now? You can't fool me." Thanit retorted sternly.

"Uncle Tae...." The boy piped out, after he was awakened by their banter. And it made Thanit froze, because the boy had addressed Tae as 'uncle' and not 'dad'.

"Yes, Rowan?" Tae smiled at the boy with fondness.

"Who is he?" Rowan pointed to Thanit.

"A friend."

"Is he coming over to have lunch too?" Rowan asked politely.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask him yourself?" Tae decided to let Rowan do what he thought was right. Besides, he knew, Thanit wouldn't talk rudely to the boy. And if Thanit said 'yes', he could use the opportunity to explain to him about the boy, and cleared his name from being accused as a stalker.

Rowan nodded and walked to Thanit, pulling the hem of his shirt a few times. "Will you come to have lunch with us too?"

 "Will you come to have lunch with us too?"

"Err....no..."

"Why not? Uncle Tae always said, the more the merrier. Let's have lunch with us. Uncle Tae has promised to cook delicious pasta. Please eat with us." Rowan made a sad face to Thanit.

Thanit wanted to decline, but paused when he saw the bandage on Rowan's right hand. "What happened to you?"

"I fell down." Rowan replied in grimace.

"Oh my God! How do you feel now? Are you still in pain?" Thanit asked worriedly.

"I won't be if you eat with us." Rowan replied with a mischievous smile. "Or you can marry Uncle Tae. He told Uncle Tee that he will adopt me if he has found a partner."

"Rowan!" Tae vocalized.

Thanit said nothing but stared at Tae in disbelief. "So.....that date...was it because of him?"

Tae sighed and decided to speak the truth. "Yes and no."

"I beg your pardon?" Thanit glared at the tall man.

"I mean...Yes...I need a partner to raise Rowan, but no, that date was not part of the plan. I am being sincere about what I said that day. If I wanted a partner just to serve the purpose, I can simply pay anyone to act like one, but I rather choose someone that I am in love with, who I want to have as my soulmate, and my life time partner, who will love me back as much as I love that person." Tae explained to assure Thanit, that he wasn't as what he thought.

" Tae explained to assure Thanit, that he wasn't as what he thought

Thanit blinked and looked at Rowan. "Do you live here with him?" He pointed to Tae with his chin.

Rowan slowly shook his head. "I live in Uncle Tae's orphanage. I'm here because I'm in pain." He pouted.

Thanit's brows knitted in stupefaction. "You...you have an orphanage?" He asked Tae to confirm that Rowan didn't lie to him.

"Err...I'm just the benefactor." Tae lied. He didn't want anyone to know he owned the place. That was a secret. He built the orphanage for a good purpose and not for getting his name well known for his good deed. He would prefer it to remain unknown, than using it to win Thanit's heart.

"I see..." Thanit replied in astonishment. He rarely met a young wealthy man who would do as what Tae did. Most of them normally would spend their wealth on parties and anything that would fully entertain them. But it was different with Tae, and somehow, he started to realize that Tae was quite a mysterious man who started to pique his interest.

"Will you eat with us?" Rowan asked again.

"Well....," Thanit smiled at the cute boy genuinely, "...only if Uncle Tae doesn't mind having me over."

"No, I don't mind at all. In fact, I welcome you with my open arms." Tae opened the door to his penthouse, hoping that Thanit would agree to have a meal with them, and probably continued with the date that they didn't get to finish.