22 - Bitter

Ethan walked with a limp for the rest of that morning, even when Christopher took an hour of aftercare. He loved how much the man doted on him.

The morning has been really easy, with not many jobs to be down besides to sit and bitch about the customers that never seemed to come by anymore.

Eventually, he moved to dishes that had piled up from transferring food from the day before to new trays. It kept the food looking fresh.

Time passed by easily, and soon, Jasper was walking through the door just before noon. Ethan couldn't be more grateful for the company, but his demeanor was gloomy, and a scowl was permanently pointed at him.

"Hell-oh..?" His excited greeting turned into confusion. "You okay?"

"Peachy." A short and bitter response. Ethan worked on his usual and passed it across the counter, which the man snatched and found a spot across the room.

Awkward silence filled the long space between them, Ethan not sure what to say next.

"So how was he?"

"How was who?" The sudden question snapped him out of his daydream.

"Your boss," Jasper hissed bitterly. "You guys were practically fucking at the restaurant.

Oh.

Ethan felt a lump in his throat as he struggled to come up with an excuse or what to say. They had never discussed a relationship, yet the jealousy and betrayal the man felt was clear as day on his face.

Embarrassment tinted his cheeks for a while after, even as he helped many customers. He hadn't thought they were that bad in the restaurant.

Jasper had finished his drink, and he even ordered another, but the conversation didn't return. They both sat in their silence until Ethan's coworker or boss came by to tell him something.

"Why do you care?" The worker mumbled eventually.

"I don't know," the honesty in his voice shocked Ethan. "I've never been this desperate for another time with someone."

Silence found its home again, stretching across the time.

"Are you dating him?"

"No."

Ethan started fidgeting and cleaning things that were already sparkling.

"Neither of you are in a relationship?"

"Yes, si-" He almost slipped, hoping Jasper assumed he stuttered.

But something deep inside told Ethan that he knew, as if he read every thought.

"Did you notice I was gone?" The dominants usually positive voice sounded so hurt. It broke him.

Ethan had to admit he hadn't. He was so caught up with Christopher's teasing that he had forgotten about Jasper.

He swallowed thickly. He felt like he was playing both of them. He swore, crossing his heart, that he wasn't a playboy, trying to get a quick fuck.

Guilt hung over him like the cartoon rainy day clouds, his thundering thoughts almost deafening Jasper's next words.

"Would you go on a date with me?"

"What?" The word bubbled from his mouth stupidly, the words ringing in his ears as his heart picked up in pace.

"Date. With me?" Jasper shortened, almost looking like a child about to be giving a triple scoop Sunday.

"Welll- I don't kn- It's such- How woul-" Ethan stumbled, and the man at the table's face shattered. He cleared his throat, swallowing thickly, and looked away.

"I understand."

"No! No, you don't! Wait- I would! I really would! I was just shocked - I didn't think - And because of the club, you have so many options, and -," His rambling was suddenly got caught off as Jasper quickly smashed their faces together.

The kiss took Ethan's breath away, sending nerves to his stomach. "Thank you?"

The man smiled at his stupid comment but pulled back and apologized for his sudden movement without consent.

Ethan frowned and quickly kissed him. "There, even."

———————————————————
Word Count: 652

I was told to write a fight, but this is the closest my brain could get. I'll work on more soon!

Have a good day/night!

-Alexai<3