Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Feel loven even though you're alone (like me) <3
_____________________________________________

Valentine's Day at the Ministry.
Although the ghouls were not known for having monogamous relationships, those who were, or wanted to be, took this day very seriously.
Every year the Ministry held a "Valentine's Ball" where the ghouls could honor their partners, or simply choose one or more partners for the next night.

I was just walking through the halls of the Ministry. Valentine's Day was there and I had decided to help with the preparations.
“Hey, Y/N!” An excited voice called out. As I turned around, Sunshine came running towards me.
"I have another idea!" She excitedly took my hands in hers.
"I could bake heart-shaped muffins!" She suggested, making me smile.
"That's a good idea. You should ask Mountain again before you start," I said, to which she nodded
"Of course! These will be the best muffins I've ever baked! But what flavor should they be? Blueberry muffins? Cherry? Strawberry? Lemon?" She looked at me uncertainly as she listed all the things.
"Hey, maybe you'll just make a mix... some blueberry muffins, some with lemon, whatever else you like."
“I’ll do that, thanks Y/N!” With that she ran towards the kitchen.

Sighing, I turned around again and walked into our large hall where the ball would take place. The ghouls were already starting to put up the decorations. Heart-shaped garlands, pink curtains, a disco ball, bar tables with white tablecloths, buffet tables.
"Hey, Rain," I greeted the water ghoul, who was just placing glasses of different shapes on the tables.
He smiled shyly as he looked up.
“Hello, Y/N,” he waved at me in a friendly manner.
“You’re in charge of the table decorations?” I asked curiously, to which he nodded.
"Yeah, I thought the glasses alone were boring, so I got some pink flowers. I'm not an earth ghoul, so I don't know what it is, but it was pretty," he pointed to flowers with small petals.
“Those are hydrangeas,” I explained, giggling.
"Good choice"
The compliment made him blush and his tail twitched in delight.
"Thank you for liking my ideas"
"Of course you're welcome," I smiled again before I continued to walk through the hall. The Ghoulettes scattered red roses around the room, matching the romantic mood.

They had already dressed up. Cirrus wore a black pantsuit while Cumulus wore a black sweetheart neckline dress. Both let their hair fall in curls over their shoulders.
"Y/N! Why aren't you ready yet?" Cumulus asked in horror.
"Well... We still have a few hours until the ball starts" I mumbled, making Cumulus laugh.
"Oh, sweetie... You have no idea how long it will take you to finish! It's better to be too early than too late!" She giggled
"Come on, go get ready... You don't have to worry about everything all the time."
"But the planning can't happen without me..." I protested immediately, whereupon she crossed her arms over her chest.
"Y/N... Mountain can do it without you. You'll see: everything will be perfect"
I sighed heavily, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to compete with her.
"It's okay, I'll go..." I mumbled and turned around. In my room I got ready and put on an emerald green evening dress with shoulder straps and a slit on the left leg. I curled my hair and put a few small flowers in it. I looked at myself in the mirror with satisfaction before putting on some jewelry and finally leaving the room. I still had about half an hour before the ball would start. The food would be arriving any minute, so I hurried back to the banquet hall.

In the meantime, Rain had decorated all the tables and the Ghoulettes had also distributed all the flowers around the room. They were just putting a rose in Swiss's jacket pocket and unbuttoning his shirt.
"Ladies, slow down. The ball hasn't even started yet!" He laughed loudly.
"But if you want, we can continue this in another room later." He winked at them with a broad grin, whereupon they just rolled their eyes.
"You know, Swiss... We already have plans..." With that, Cirrus grabbed Cumulus and they left the room together. My gaze moved on to Rain, who was staring at Swiss. Well... More like staring at his bare chest. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off it. With a smile, I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder.