Chapter 1

As he walked into the new environment, he felt overwhelmed by the structure and vastness of the university. Benjamin, is a 19-year-old, chocolate-skinned guy, probably 6.1 in height, with dark charming eyeballs not very muscular but has a great physique.

Not that he is a gym guy but he has to work to sponsor his education, feeding- just name it, that's enough stress.

The first day of school is a little strange and new for the freshers. Benjamin was lost, especially as he began three weeks late.

He didn't know who to ask for directions, everyone seemed busy or in a hurry. Though he felt people were staring at him. Peaks of being good-looking. He knew he had to ask for help or he was going to be late for his first class on his first day.

Not the best way to start.

Just then, a guy noticed his confusion and then approached him "Fresher right?" Don't worry it's obvious. You seem lost" he said giving one of those inviting smiles.

"O my manners, I'm David, majoring in music and a 300-level student. " David said, stretching forth his hand. David Gabriel is fair but a little tanned caused of the harsher weather here in Nigeria... blab la whoever listens in geography class.

Benjamin looked up, away from his phone to see the good-looking guy in front of him. He is quite tall and has a kind of 'notice me vibe'. Benjamin accepted the handshake "Hello, I'm Benjamin by name. I'm an English language and Literature student and yes, I need help, I'm lost. I can't really.... this map is something else ." Benjamin sighed frustratingly.

"Cool. You guys are our future...whatever Anyway, you are speaking with the right person 'cause we're in the same faculty. Come, let me show you to your department." David offered.

"Okay. Thank you." Benjamin breathed in relief.

After David had pointed out Benjamin to his department, Benjamin thanked him again.

"Here's my contact, Can we meet after lectures? Maybe I could give you a tour or something."

"Okay....sure. Thanks for your help once again." Benjamin said.

"You should stop thanking me already. It's not like it's such a big deal. I will see you later then." David said as he turned to walk away.

A few seconds after Benjamin had entered the lecture hall and settled down he felt a tap on his shoulders and turned to see a very beautiful girl with braided hair and brown skin waving at him.

"Hello. Umm....sorry if I'm disturbing you right now. You're the new student, right? I'm Onyinye. And I noticed that you're new here, I thought it would be nice to say hi to you, plus we are sitting close to each other."

"Oh.... I'm Benjamin. Nice to meet you, Onyinye." He said shyly

Onyinye giggled "You seem like, no you are a polite guy. And so handsome too." She is staring at him, dreamily. Benjamin shyly looked away from her feeling flushed to hide his discomfort with her compliments and staring.

"Awwww, you are so cute." Onyinye placed her jaw into her palms, still staring at Benjamin.

"Onyinye, leave the poor guy alone." They both turned to the source of the voice.

"Oh come on..." groaned Onyinye "Mind your business na, Samson."

He rolled his eyes at her and turned to Benjamin "Believe me, you don't want to fall for her charms."

"Damn it, Samson! What's your stress? Can't you just go back to doing whatever you were doing at first? Please don't listen to him, Benjamin. No one...I mean no one....can resist my charms" she deadpaned. "Besides there's no harm in trying" she winked at Benjamin.

Samson pretended to shudder and that irked Onyinye that she stood up to go after him.

Benjamin just chuckled at their childishness. Though he felt a little sad he didn't have many friends"Don't mind them they are just kids in adult bodies. I'm Tobi, the class representative."

"By mistake!" Onyinye and Samson exclaimed at the same time. Tobi glared at them and said "I earned it.... duh.....as I was saying before these cockroaches interrupted me" he turned to Benjamin "Welcome once again, what's your name.."

"Benjamin. My name is Benjamin." He quickly answered.

"Okay, Benjamin. Welcome to our department. Please feel free to enquire anything from any of us, ok?"

"Okay," Benjamin replied.

A man, who is the lecturer, then walked into the lecture hall causing everyone to settle down.

After lectures before lunch, Benjamin received a call from David asking if he was ready for the tour and Benjamin said he was ready. They had decided where to meet and they explored different parts of the school.

"Benjamin, would you like to join us for lunch?" Onyinye asked.

"Sorry I can't, I have other plans but next time I will" he answered leaving them.

"This is the library," David said to Benjamin as they were going around the school. when reached a very long hallway "These are all the teaching staff offices, there won't be any need to come here. It's the course representative duty but just in case their names are identified on their doors. David explained to Benjamin.
Then they stepped out towards the back of the building where a lot of trees, and flowers surrounded them and their seats. Looking more like a garden

"Peaceful isn't it? David asked.

"Yep, very peaceful and nice," Benjamin answered feeling the breeze.

"During the day students come here to chill and the brainy ones to read. But at night...just come see for yourself" David whispered with a wink.

"What happens at night?" Benjamin asked innocently before realisation dawned on him, he widened his eyes at David who was laughing at him.

"Wow, you need to go out more often."

"Not here," Benjamin said.

"Why not, it's just at night you might want to stay clear or else you might just  feed your eyes." David shrugged his shoulders wriggling his eyebrows.

"No thanks, uhm I need to go seems Lunch break has ended. Bye, thanks once again" he said running off without waiting for a reply.

*******************
#S. E. H#

-Smile

-Eat

-Hustle