Chapter 3

Moments later, David showed up at the cafeteria and saw Benjamin. He waved at him and David waved back.

"Nice, I see you are already making new friends," Tobi said with contempt.

"Yeah, I met him yesterday and he helped me and also gave me a tour around here."

"Oh, good for you." Samson with a fake smile". Just then Onyinye excused herself saying she was full when she barely touched her food.

Benjamin wore a confused face and gave both of them a questioning look. They looked at each other and remained quiet, then he knew something was amiss.

Samson signalled Tobi to tell him but he was a little hesitant "They used to date." Tobi  mumbled but the others could still hear it

Now he understood Onyinye's weird behaviour "What happened?" Ben asked.

"He never told her why, he just ended things like that and she's still not over him." Tobi heaved a deep sigh as he explained.

"It must have hurt a lot," Benjamin said.

"Yeah, so much. She was so heartbroken. That bastard." Samson said as he gritted his teeth and banged the table which caused Tobi and Benjamin to flinch. Then they decided not to dampen the mood and began to discuss random pieces of stuff about school.

"Oh that reminds me, Dr Tim said you should see him after lectures today" Tobi said.

Benjamin almost choked on food and immediately wore a frown. They were done with lectures already for the day and he was just recovering from his presence during their class.

"Are you okay?" Tobi asked worriedly as he passed him water and Samson was patting his back. He just nodded at them.

"Did he state why?" he asked

"Nah" Tobi shrugged his shoulders, focusing more on his food.

What have I done for him to require my presence or is it because of my attitude in class today? Or because I bumped into him.

Benjamin thought to himself.

How do I face him now without giving myself out......

Should I just go home and say that I forgot?

No, that will only make it worse....

Or should I just give an excuse that I couldn't find his office?

No, that's stupid. Well, there's only one way to find out.

He finally located Tim's office and took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in" he heard that deep familiar voice.

Benjamin walked in "You wanted to see me s...sir"

"Yeah. Please, have your seat, let me round up with what I'm doing."

He was a little hesitant, then he sat down, admiring the well-furnished office.

Wow, his office is so beautiful with different artistic works and flowers.

Benjamin then took sneaky glances at his appearance, the way his slender fingers danced on the computer, the way his shirt stuck to his well-toned body.

Dr Tim, is a 29-year-old professor, a chocolate-skinned guy with dark brown eyes, and a towering figure, who is a very dedicated and talented lecturer.

Though he was born and brought up in a rich family, teaching has always been his dream and passion.

Tim is well aware of his good looks. He's every woman's dream including men in fact, but no one has ever caught his attention like the student sitting right in his office right now.

He felt drawn to him at their first encounter and was going to find out more about this clumsy, good-looking student.

"All done," He said as he looked up, away from his computer and caught Benjamin staring at him. Benjamin immediately looked away shyly, caught red-handed. Tim smiled mischievously.

"So Ben, have you eaten lunch?"

"B... Ben?" Benjamin looked at Tim, shocked at the way he called him 'Ben' as if they had known each other.

How did he even know my name? Ben thought, and then it clicked.

Tobi!

"Yes, I prefer to call you Ben and it's easier. So have you had lunch?" He asked again.

"I have, sir," Benjamin replied shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Oh, if that's the case then how about dinner?" Tim asked eagerly.

"M...me?" He pointed at himself. "You want to have dinner with me?" He asked, obviously surprised. Tim chuckled and nodded.

Part of Benjamin wanted to say yes but...shit, he is going to miss his shift, they just met a few hours ago and crying out loud he's my lecturer.

Who goes around having dinner with their lecturer.

He immediately stood up to excuse himself not to look rude ." I can't... I'm sorry I have to leave". He said approaching the door but before he could grab the door knob he felt a cold hand on his and turned to find Tim a few inches from him.

It's as if time was frozen for a second.

Benjamin realising this immediately pulled his hands off chuckling nervously which made Tim raise his brows at him.

"Sorry sir..." Benjamin muttered, distancing himself from Tim.

Tim interrupted him immediately "It's Tim."

"I'm sorry...Tim but I have to leave.

"I understand. Can I at least have your number so we can maybe....reschedule, hmm?" Tim asked walking closer to him.

After a little hesitation from Benjamin, they exchanged numbers. No one had to tell Benjamin before he fled from the office.

Tim smirked at his behaviour, his eyes fixed on his palm that came in contact with Ben just a few seconds ago.

He didn't even know when someone walked into his office until he heard a voice.

"Care to share whatever that is going on in that dirty mind of yours? Who is the unlucky victim." Dr Chioma Destiny asked.

She is Tim's colleague and best friend.

"Why do you always think that my mind is dirty and I'm the villain?" Tim groaned at her.

"Well, I know you, Tim. So, why don't you tell me what you were thinking this time that made you not notice my presence?"

"Nothing, just work." Tim lied.

"Nothing, just work." Chioma mimicked Tim. "You think I'm going to believe such a lie? What I saw just now has nothing to do with work so spill it now."

"OK, OK, I'm just famished. Have you eaten?" Tim said, trying to change the topic but his colleague has known him long enough to understand his tricks.

"Come on, Tim, tell me." She said pulling his sleeves. Tim knew that there was no way he was going free without telling her the truth.

"Fine, I'll tell you when it's time, trust me on this. I will buy you your favourite chocolate how about that?" Tim knew her obsession with chocolate.

She immediately smiled but gave him a warning look "Promise" She said, showing him her pinky.

"Promise" They linked their fingers.

"So, let's get going because you are getting me that chocolate now." She said as she turned to leave the office.

"Give me a minute!" He shouted after her. He shook his head and smiled.

Chioma has been a very good friend to him. Even after his parents disowned him she was always there for him, showing her support.

She's very inquisitive and can be nosy sometimes but Tim knows she only does that because she cares about him.

*****************
-Smile

-Eat

-Hustle