Chapter Two

Dear Soul; 003

I have been living with a Dragon for the last couple of weeks...

He barely speaks a word to me whenever we find ourselves in the same room together, the trust he has towards me is sort of like the cat who promises not to swallow the mouse who's already in her mouth. At first I attempted to make small talk with him when I'd cross paths with him, but Hyo-un would only tsk at me or simply ignore me. I quickly learnt how the library was his favorite room in the house, so I began going in with tea and snacks made by Ryeo-ah and decided to just play his game for a bit. For the last few days I have joined him in the library to just sit and read in silence. I've found some familiar authors and titles that I'd heard about, and one I had picked to read was about the lead male character who had woken from a ten year coma caused by a car accident. When he woke up he knew his wife was in the accident with him but he was told she passed. The worst part was that he couldn't remember what she looked like.

His family would bring him photo albums but refused to look at them because he felt ashamed that he couldn't remember his true love, it was heartbreaking.

And I stopped reading, that had a lot to do with Hyo-un.

It was truly sad to think of how it would feel to have forgotten the face of the one you loved. I'd never felt that kind of love myself, only the type of affection you'd feel for a family member, my mother most of all. To imagine waking up and forgetting her face when she smiles, her voice when she sang to me as a child or the softness of her warm hugs.

That very thought scared me, I couldn't begin to understand what Hyo-un was going through and I suddenly realized I had begun tearing up and droplets of my tears were falling to the pages of the book. I could feel Hyo-un's eyes on me and I quickly left the room.

... This morning I decided to change up a few things such as making breakfast myself for both me and Hyo-un. I was going to make enough for Ryeo-ah but she told me not to worry about her since what she eats is nothing I know how to make.

I was not skilled at a lot of things especially when it came to my family's business, but my cooking was one of my strong qualities.

When he walked into the dining room I was thrown off by how tired he looked, food aside, he looked like he hadn't been sleeping well. I remembered yesterday afternoon he was watching from the library window as Ryeo-ah and I were in the garden fetching items for today, she was showing me things he liked the most. I could feel his eyes on me and when I looked up at him, I'm certain our eyes met before he quickly dashed out of sight and even at that distance I could tell how exhausted he looked. We made sure to grab things that should help with his fatigue, although I'm not sure our remedies will work the same on a dragon as they do on a human. But I wanted to try, especially since I am probably a big reason why he's not getting sleep and regaining his full strength. Ryeo-ah told me I shouldn't be too hard on myself, he never really got along with others besides his mate.

I knew it wasn't that we weren't getting along, we don't even talk to one another, but perhaps he somehow knows that I wasn't of the Yoo bloodline. Maybe, but the more I think about it the more some things weren't adding up, I remember how Mr. Lee had told me only the members of the Yoo family could enter the premises. But maybe because of my mother was why I still could enter through the front door. Another thing that sat at the back of my mind was the Miss Lee did also mention how there was a chance that the mate might have been reincarnated in some other family.

Either way, with that all put on the back burner for now my main objective was to help Hyo-un get more rest and eat properly. And this was the start.

Hyo-un looked upset that I was the one who had cooked but when I explained that since we are going to be around each other for a while like roommates, I'd better start doing a little more than sleeping here. Sure I had been helping Ryeo-ah with plenty around the place like gardening, cleaning and fetching things from the city that she couldn't get herself. But I wanted him to eat my cooking, maybe he'd warm up even a smidge towards me.