Chapter 3- Chasing Roses

Julian's POV

I saw Aiden move towards Rose before she fainted, but I was faster and closer. I ran to her at wolf's speed and caught her in my arms and pulled her up against me. My heart in my throat. She felt so cold. Please no, please. I just found her; my heart screamed. My wolf howled.

"Jonah!" I cried looking up at him. Jonah rushed over and placed his hands on her head. He closed his eyes and mouthed something I couldn't hear.

He sighed with relief. "She's okay. She's just drained." He removed his hand. He stood up and looked at all of us. "Alphas...Luna..." He nodded at mom who was now awake and looking at Rose. "What you saw here tonight, please keep it amongst yourselves. For her safety." He looked down at Rose's pale face.

"Is she a Priestess?" Caspian asked. Jonah, mom, and dad looked at him with shocked eyes. Jonah recovered first.

"That's not my place to say what she is and is not. I can only tell you that she's been running for a very long time. Nowhere is safe for her." He said sadly.

"She's safe here." Julian said, pulling her closer. "She's our fated mate." He said, rubbing his cheek on the top of her head.

"What?" Dad said, looking between all his sons. "You're sure?" He looked at Aiden, when in doubt, Aiden had the answer.

"Without a doubt, father." Aiden said.

"Does she know?" Jonah asked.

Aiden shook his head. "We didn't want to tell her or scare her with everything going on."

"Oh, this complicates things." Jonah said, rubbing his forehead.

"Why?" Caspian asked, watching Jonah pace.

Jonah looked at us. I knew he was debating about how much we should know about her. He opened his mouth several times, then closed it, shook his head. "I'm sorry, Alphas, it's not my place to tell." He looked at Rose with sad eyes. "All I can tell you, is that she has a very hard life." He bent down next to Julian and placed her necklace back on her.

"What is that necklace for?" Julian asked.

"Her protection." He said.

"Against what?" Aiden asked.

Jonah looked at Aiden. "Herself"

Rosamund's POV

I was warm, very warm. Comfortable. Something was holding me down. I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a bedroom. I didn't move, but I took in my surroundings. Someone had their nose in my neck, as if he was sniffing me all night. Julian. His thick arm draped under my breast, holding me to him. My other side was Aiden, his arm was placed over my stomach, his lips right on my temple, I felt his breath tease the top of my head. Somebody was anchoring my legs down. Caspian. His arm and legs over my legs, his cheek smashed against my hip. I felt skin on skin, where they naked? I felt hot all of a sudden. At least had my underwear and bra on. O...kay... Well, this was certainly not what I was expecting to wake up to.

Memories of my casting came back to me. Oh Goddess, that amount of power portrayed is definitely going to draw power hungry hunters. I needed to leave. I was basically a magnet for trouble at this point, I couldn't bring it here to the triplets. I knew if I moved, they would wake up. I smiled, lucky I had magic, didn't I?

Getting back to my apartment was a blur. I knew I got in my car, magicked the guard to let me out of the gates, and drove at demon speed back home. I had no memory of anything else, the only thing in my head was to run. I showered, and packed like a maniac. I never bought unnecessary things. Moving so often, you learn to live out of a small luggage. I made a quick letter to the landlord, gifted her my car, and headed for the charter bus station out of town. Every step I took felt like a heavy stone in my heart. A part of me wanted to stay, a part of me knew I needed to leave.