Prologue : Ishir

Ishir's pov

The Devil's Disguise: Unveiling India's Underworld of Weapon and Drug Trafficking

For decades, the insidious tentacles of this trade have wormed their way into every facet of our society, spreading like a cancer. Thousands upon thousands of illicit packages containing narcotics and weapons are being funneled through our streets and ports, as though it were an ordinary business transaction.
The question that begs to be asked is this: who are the shadowy figures behind this nefarious network? Who are the puppet masters, pulling the strings from the shadows, orchestrating this grand, macabre dance of death and destruction?
The answer, it seems, remains elusive. For despite the efforts of law enforcement agencies and concerned citizens alike, the true face of the devil remains shrouded in mystery. The identity of these faceless villains, their motives, and their methods, all continue to elude us.
But fear not, dear readers, for here at the Chronicle Times, we are committed to shining a light into the darkest corners of our society. In the days and weeks to come, we will delve deeper into this murky underworld, unmasking the culprits and exposing their deeds for all to see.
Stay tuned, for the devil's mask shall be lifted, and the true face of evil shall be revealed.

I exhaled the smoke from hookah as I  finished reading the article with a smirk.

I raised up from the chair, ripping the newspaper into peaces before tossing them into the fire pit.

"She's so smart," I raised my brows,impressed by her brilliance."But that smartness is of no use"

My laughs echoed in the room as I stared at the pieces of newspaper burning to ashes.

Right then,the door clicked open and Trivikram entered ruffling his hair, looking as if he was walking dead.

"I'm surprised you're still alive" I say leaning against the desk, inhaling the smoke from hookah.

"Well what can I do?I've have to risk my life to save yours." He chucked his jacket at my face,before throwing himself on the couch,which I caught mid air dropped on the floor.

"Cut the nonsense and spill whatever you got" I warn him.

"She's 26 years old, daughter of Ravi Vardan Kulkarni and Spandana Kulkarni.After she was attacked at the age of 6,Vardan got scared and sent her off to his brother's house in Mauritius where she completed her studies,got her degree in criminology and became a detective.Now she's back in India after 20 years opposing her fathers word and owns a newspaper company.Finally they came to an agreement that she can only stay in India if she marries." He says and hands me some some papers in which there were more detailed information about her.

Gosh,the rat has itself fallen into the rattrap.

"Should I take care of her?I'll erase her existence overnight" I hear him say to which I nod my head in negetive

"I'll deal with this my way" I reply caressing her photo.beautiful woman,so beautiful no one would want to ruin her.But I did not belong those people.

Honestly I couldn't take my eyes off her beauty.

I took my phone out and dailed Dad's number.

"Hey"

"Dad,I need to speak something important"

"Go on" He replies

"I love a girl, she's one of your friend's daughter.Can you talk to them about a political Alliance?If it works out,It will help us in the coming elections as well" Trivikram sat upright with a 'what the fuck are you saying' look.

"It's about your marriage and you're talking it over the phone as if you're ordering a pizza?" I hear him say.

"Dad, you know me.This will really help us."

"I'm not letting you ruin your life for an alliance." His voice became serious.

"I'm not ruining anything,I really love her." I spent another ten minutes convincing him until he finally said yes.

"So who is she?"

"Heer Kulkarni."