Chapter 2~ Who are you?

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Heer's pov

“I’ll let you do anything you want but for that, get married to the man of my choice or else go back to your uncle's. The choice is yours.” Dad declares and settles back on the sofa unbothered.

My eyes moistened hearing his words. Does he really not care about me ? I returned after 20 years to hear this?

Out of everything, he was worried about my marriage?

I scoffed at his words and turned to walk upstairs.

The voice of my mom trying to argue trailed off as I locked myself in my old room and leaned back against the door.

My moisty eyes scanned the room. Everything was just how I left except my parents.

It was pink Barbie themed. My bed was placed right next to the window and beside the Study table. On the other side was my play area filled with dolls.

My eyes fell on the one I had tightly clutched onto that night.

Funny how my father saved me physically and decided to destroy me mentally.

I forced my lashes shut and tried my best to hold myself together but the tears had ought to betray me.

I held my knees close to my chest and wrapped my arms around while my head rested on it.

Why me? Why was I the victim for the iniquitous my father was part of?

Did their own daughter become a burden to them?

A knock on the door stirred my thoughts. My mother probably. Inhaled deep and composed myself before answering.

“I’m tired from the long flight. Let me rest.” I yelled but she knocked again.

Again and again and again. I began to lose the very little ounce of patience that was left.

I banged the floor before getting back on my feet. I threw open the door and stomped out.

“Didn't I say I want to rest-” My words came to a halt when I saw an unfamiliar figure before my eyes.

A girl, probably in her teenage years, stood with a wide smile on her face. She looked exactly like my younger self.

My eyebrows knitted and my orbs widened looking at her. Same eyes, face,hair everything. I was taken back, my face went pale and I was at a loss of words.

“Who… Are you?” I stuttered.

She made some signs with her hand but nothing went in my mind.

“What? Can't you fucking speak? ”

She didn't reply but turned around and acted like a lady in her middle age.

“What is she saying?” I raised my voice, making her flinch.

“ She's.. She's saying that she is your…. Your younger sister, Raveena.” She says making my heart skip a beat. I have a sister?

I shaked my head in a negative way, not wanting to hear what she said and started laughing wickedly.

“Enough-Enough with the joke. I’m the only daughter of my parents. What nonsense prank is this.” My laughter came to a halt when a realization hit me. “Oh you're Charu amma’s daughter? My cousin's sister.” I raised my brows.

Charu amma is my mother's younger sister. I didn't know she had a daughter.

The soft smile on the girl’s face was replaced with a frown, She shakes her head in negative. Right then my mother and father entered the scene.