**

Noelle's POV-

I sat in the cafeteria waiting for Jen. She was obviously with Joshua and I was happy for her but I was hurt. I was hurt that no one would ever love me the way Joshua loved Jen. I stared at my Greek salad, it looked good but I had no appetite. I had no desire to eat.

"Struggling to eat I see?" I heard someone say. The boys at school admired me but they were nothing but womanizers. Guys who looked at a lady and saw a sex object. This voice sounded familiar, like I've heard it before.

I looked up to see Nick smiling at me. His teeth were so white and perfect. He smiled like he was part of a Colgate commercial. His smelled like strawberries, strawberries dipped in chocolate. I wondered what the name of his Cologne was.

"No. I'm just not hungry." I said as I smiled back.

He pulled out a chair across me. "May I?" He asked. A guy with such good manners was rare in my life well beside my brother but he didn't count. I've dated jerks and I wonder why.

"Help yourself" I replied.

"Why is a beautiful lady like you sitting here alone Ella?" He asked as he gazed into my eyes. That stare made me melt. He looked at me as if he knew all my sins and still saw someone worthy. As if I was perfect with all my imperfections.

But that was a corny line

"Actually I'm waiting for Jen and maybe Marlene"

"Really? But you shouldn't be here all alone, you look like you're lost in thoughts and I feel like I'm disturbing you"

This guy could read me like an open book. Was I that obvious? I mean really?

"Uhm...no Nick, I'm not I mean you're not. Relax okay I'm cool. So you're into poetry?" I asked desperately trying to start a conversation.

"I like to look at it as art more than poetry. There's just so much to poetry than what meets the eye. Its like life. There is so much to life than what people think" he said.

I guess i've heard a lot about "art" honestly. Terrance is a recording artist who takes his singing very seriously. Reminds me why I fell in love with him in the first place. It wasn't his voice but it was how he looked at life. He was always so positive, so free.

Being around him was amazing. We would enjoy long afternoons at the beach and just watch the sunset. He would occasionally bring me a card with a rose. I found that really thoughtful. We would have long nights on the phone. That's the Terrance Truman I know.

But I guess things changed when his ex came back, Nancy. She ruined everything. He started lieing and hanging out with her instead of me. We broke up but he came back. Terrance Truman came back. Till now...

When I finally came back to reality Nick was staring at me.

"See what I mean" he said softly. "You smile but inside you aren't really smiling. Its just a mask you put on so people don't ask questions, isn't it?"

I hated the way this guy was right. It made me angry. Who did he think he was reading me like one of his poems. I was not a novel!

"No Nicholas I have no idea what you're talking about" I shrugged. "Oh here's Jen" I quickly said to stop him from reading me again. I was really tired of this.

-Jenifer's POV-

I walked up to the table where Elle was sitting with Nick. They look like they are having an intense conversation but Elle doesn't look comfortable. I need to go and rescue her.

"Hi you two. Getting along I see" I said as I sat beside Nick.
"Yes very well" Elle replied as she gave me the 'I'm helpless' stare.

"Me and Ella here were just getting to know each other. Well I was curious about why she didn't eat her Greek salad" Nick said with a wink

"Why thank you for keeping her company Nicky" I smiled at him.

"I guess my work here is done. Ladies excuse me" and with that he was gone.

"Oh girl Joshua is my future husband" I said as I picked up a fork and stabbed into Elle's salad.

"He bought me that necklace that I've been raving about all week. But this one is different its has..."

She's not even paying attention. Elle has been acting unusual these past few days and I haven't even asked her what the problem is. I feel bad

-Noelle's POV-

I stared at Jen while she talked. I pretended to hear her when I didn't. All I could think about was Terrance. I wanted to know why I loved him so much and why he kept on screwing me over.

"Elle!" Jen said. "I'm so sorry. I have been caught up in my own fantasies that I forgot to ask you about your problems. Elle you've been moping around for the past few days and I haven't bothered to ask you why. Is it Terrance?" She asked.

I wanted to tell her it was I wanted to keep it to myself but I needed someone to confide in.

"I miss him. I wish he was here right next to me now. He always made me laugh. Jen why though? I mean when you give your heart to someone that's when they take it for granted. Why do I expect every guy to be like Bradley?"

I paused for a moment.

Did I just ask her that question?

"That's the issue Elle. And you don't trust Terrance. Ever since that incident with Nancy you just don't want to trust him. Stop being so insecure"

The ten steps.... I wasn't about to give ladies advice on how to get their guys back while the world has girls like Nancy.

The bell rang and the girls walked back to their classes. For the whole day the only thing Noelle thought about was how to trust Terrance once again.