Chapter 3

I woke up to my 6pm alarm. Time to get ready to work at the bar. I sat up and looked around, and Violent J was not in the room. At this point, I was gonna be late for my shift if I didn't get ready now. Grabbing my towel and hair brush, I heard the front door open. I ran the shower and started singing quietly. I didn't know where Violent J was in the house, but I wanted to make sure he didn't hear me.
   Stepping out of the shower, I saw Violent J waiting, sitting off the side of the bed. I was still in my towel,
   "Hey Y/N, I.. wow." He eyed me up and down, and I tried not to blush.
   "Like what you see?" is what I was thinking of telling him, but i only could muster a "What's up?"
   "I was gonna say.. I talked to your boss, and he said you could have the night off, you'd just have to work Sunday and Monday. I'm gonna take you somewhere special, so dress fancy." I smiled wide, and went over to hug Violent J.
   "Okay, now I need to get ready. Go get ready and get in the car and I'll come out. Bye, J!" He stands up and heads to his bedroom to get ready. I put on a good smelling perfume, fancy makeup, a red velvet colored dress, and tan high heels. Taking one last look in the mirror, I assumed he would like my outfit. I grabbed a purse and rushed out to the car, only to see Violent J waiting for me outside of his truck.
   "Oh my goodness.. you look stunning!" His jaw dropped to the floor when he saw me.
   "Thank you J. You look handsome tonight." I smiled at him.
   "Put this on, I can't let you know where we're going!" He handed me a blindfold. I carefully tied it around my head as he guided me to the car.

It wasn't long before the car arrived at its destination. I could feel Violent J's happiness radiating onto me. He helped me out of the car and we walked a few steps away from it, then suddenly stopped.
   "Take off your blindfold, Y/N." I untied my blindfold to see a restaurant with a glowing sign above it: The Gourmet Grillhouse, the fanciest place to go out for dinner. I turned to Violent J to thank him, but he had a big bouquet of pink roses, a heart-shaped box of chocolates, and a white and brown teddy bear.
   "As you know, we've been friends for years. Now, I know I'm just a broke druggie clown, but I want to be your broke druggie clown, and yours only. Yeah, these are the most cliche things you could get on a first date, but... you know. I know you don't like me to spoil you. I ask that you, Y/N L/N, take these gifts, and be my lovely girlfriend, forever and always." Violent J was smiling the whole way through his speech.
    "I.. YES!!" I ran into his open arms, and we embraced in a long, affectionate hug. This was my dream come true! I couldn't believe that Violent J was now my boyfriend! I cried little tears of joy from his proposal, and he wiped them for me. Unfortunately, my mascara ran down my face.
   "J.. My makeup ran! I can't go into the restaurant now!" I cried a little more, knowing I had just ruined the date he had planned.
"Hey, hey, don't cry, babe.. we'll figure it out. Until now, I think we're blocking traffic." With that, he picked me up and carried me over his shoulder over to the car.
"Tell you what... I'll take you to your favorite sushi bar! Then we can do whatever you want!" Violent J smiled at me and held my hand. "How's that sound?"
   "That would be amazing. Let's go!" I jumped into the car, grinning from ear to ear. As we drove down a couple blocks, his hand was placed on my thigh.
   "You're my passenger princess now, babe, but I'll treat you like my passenger queen." He let out a low chuckle, and smirked at me. My face was covered in blush, and that must have been my happiest night.