Chapter 2.5

I remember vividly that first day we met. I was playing in the sandbox with my pink Hello Kitty overalls and white turtleneck I hated for some reason. That day, I got new shoes to wear to school. They were pink Jordans, always a bit expensive for a 6 year old.
I was a younger kid in 1st grade, so the bigger kids would always bully me. Ryan was the worst. He was taller, and he was already 7, since he had stayed back a year.
"What are you doing, freak?" Him and his group of lackeys came over to the sandbox.
"I'm building a sand castle." I had only one bucket, and the sand was fairly moist. The castle was only two buckets high.
"I want to play in the sand box with my friends. Leave." Ryan said in a stern tone.
"There's plenty of room, Ryan." I scooted over near the edge of the sandbox, directly behind my sand castle, and that's when I saw two kids with face paint playing on the slides.
Big mistake to move. Ryan kicked the sand in my face and eyes, then him and his goons laughed at me. I remember I started crying, because of the pain of humiliation and sand in my eyes.
"Hey, Ryan! Leave her alone!" He turned around to see the two boys with face paint. "Or else, it's gonna get messy." Ryan laughed in their face. I guess he wasn't afraid of them, but I sure was.
"What are you gonna do? I'm older than you."
"Older doesn't mean anything. Shaggy's 7 too. Now, leave her alone!" The boy and his friend Shaggy held up a sort of gang sign. They crossed their fingers and arms across their chest, and made a C with their other hand. "Leave before the Juggalos come to your house! 98 Cornflower Lane!"
Ryan stared in shock. The boys knew his address, and they could do some serious damage. He ran away, and his friends followed before they could get doxxed as well. Once they were a fair amount away from them, the boys came over to me.
"Hey, are you okay? I'm Joseph, but you can call me Violent J. And this is Shaggy 2 Dope!" Violent J spoke with a light hearted tone.
"I-I think I'm okay... my eyes are stinging, though..." That's when Violent J licked his finger and rubbed it on my eyes.
"You okay now?" I could see clearer, so I nodded.
"Thank you so much, Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope! You guys are the best!" I said, and got up to hug them. "I do have one question."
"What's up?" Shaggy asked.
"Why do you guys have face paint, and gang signs?"
"Well.. when we're older, we're gonna be in the Juggalo gang, just like my dad!" Violent J said. "And we're learning what they do!" Shaggy grabbed my hand and taught me how to sign I-C-P in sign language. "ICP stands for Insane Clown Posse. That's what we're gonna call ourselves as singers!" I was amazed by this information. After that interaction, we became friends for life. When I was in the hospital for a broken wrist, they came to visit me. They came to my dog's funeral, all my birthday parties, and they would come to my house every weekend! Even in high school, Violent J was my prom "date". They were by my side for almost my whole life!

I'm so glad Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope stayed like that.