CHAPTER 2

So, here's the second chap. After a busy week, I was able to update. Thank you everyone for the reviews and support.

I really appreciate it. Hope you like this chapter!

____

Liam searches for his family when he walks inside the ball room, and notices many people eyeing him. Ignoring the eyes, he spots his family by the lemonade stand. And starts making his way to them, hoping his foul mood is not revealed blatantly in his face.

"Everything okay, brother?" Louis asks him immediately and Liam grimaces.

"Yeah, I'm fine" Liam lies and notices Gemma's and Lottie's absence in the circle. "Where are the ladies?"

"Dancing" Harry says, nodding towards the dance floor. "Charlotte is with Lord Byron, while my sister is with Lord Horan"

Liam blinks at the couple who's just ending their dance. They do look good together, Horan's boyish and golden smile compliments Gemma's pretty one.

But it's Horan. Malik's best mate.

Well, at least he believes in love, unlike his intrusive best mate.

Oh, speaking of the devil. When Horan seems to finally take his eyes off Gemma, he notices Malik and Liam wants to groan. He knows what's coming now.

"He's quite taken" Anne says, sounding happy.

"Wait until he meets us" Louis mutters and Liam glares at him. "Just saying"

Like they expected, Gemma does lead them back to her family, Malik in tow. He's already staring at Liam.

Liam has to admit, upon close look under lighting, Malik looks insanely good. With his raven hair slicked up and slight stubble on his chin (Which should be weird considering everyone prefers a clean shave), his eyelashes longer than any of these ladies and lips pinker than any pink dresses seen around, he looks good. And then there are his eyes, glaring at Liam and at the same time, there's some other sort of fire in there. A fire that seems to burn with passion.

Liam looks away before he can start with his poetic descriptions which bloom up whenever Malik is around. And, which to say is extremely weird.

"Allow me to introduce my mother, Lady Anne Cox" Gemma introduces "And my brother Lord Harry Tomlinson and his husband, Lord Tomlinson."

Horan doesn't even look a least bit uncomfortable when he greets the couple. He seems to be delighted in fact, his smile broad and lovely. Liam instantly likes him.

"Very pleased to meet you, gentlemen" He says in his thick Irish accent "Sir Niall James Horan. Allow me to introduce my best mate, Lord Zayn Malik"

Zayn, ah.

"And this is my brother, Liam Payne Tomlinson" Louis introduces him and Zayn snorts in amusement, like he agrees and earns a glare from Liam.

"Pain, you say?" Zayn says with a snarky smirk and Liam purses his lips, unimpressed.

"It's Payne" He says, spelling it out "Nice to meet you, gentlemen"

Instead of answering, Niall turns to look at Zayn in a very unimpressed way too. Zayn looks away, pretending like he's not aware of that look he's receiving.

"Is everything alright?" Jay asks curiously.

"Yeah, I believe so" Niall smiles and throws a look at Liam. The latter realises that Niall senses he and his best mate didn't start off well.

"Yeah, perfect" Liam says with the sweetest smile he could muster.

"Would you like some lemonade, Miss Styles?" Niall is so sweet, Liam likes him a lot.