CHAPTER 4

Ik I'm a bit late. Sorry abt that. Amidst of my busy schedule, I managed to finish a chapter.

Hope you like it!!

_____

Liam tosses and turns in his bed that night, feeling restless as it pours outside. It wasn't a plan, even if it's not a quite the travel from the city to the country side, Niall suggests them to stay, as it won't be advisable to travel at that hour. His mother is going to throw a ball that very weekend, so they'd have to come back again.

Louis arranges men to grab needed things from their home, as the stay wasn't planned. And now, Liam is lying in his allotted chamber, feeling completely restless. The bed is soft and the sheets are silky. He should find it very easy to fall asleep, but he's not able to. The fact that Zayn is under the same roof as him, and hates him with passion is troubling Liam. He knows he should be happy that Zayn will finally leave him alone. But it's not the case.

What even happened? Why did Zayn yell at Liam for no apparent reason?

He huffs, burying his face in his pillow and trying not to scream in it. He hates every minute of not knowing what went wrong.

Grunting to himself, he sits up in his bed, the sheets pooling around his waist. He now wishes he had brought a book with him. He would have if he had known they are going to stay. He racks his brain for few minutes, trying to recall if Niall ever showed him the library and smiles when he remembers, that indeed, he had!

Lighting up a candle, he grabs the candle stick and saunters out quietly. The corridors look a bit scary at night, but he has his candle. So everything will be fine.

He is not entirely sure about the route, but he trusts his instincts and manages to find it without anyone spotting him. Closing the door quietly behind himself, he's greeted with the musty smell of books and scent of rain. Is there any better combination?

Gently padding through the floor, he idly wonders if Niall's interested in romance novels. He hopes so. He looks through racks of books and admires the multiple ranges of books stacked. He grins to himself when finds the romance section (There's a whole section of them!) And happily starts looking through it.

He'll worship Niall if he has a copy of pride and prejudice with him. He desperately needs it right now. Mr. Darcy weirdly reminds him of Zayn.

He pushes the thought away and continues searching. He mentally squeals when he does find a copy and immediately pulls it out. He leafs through the pages to find where he left it off, and accidentally snaps the book shut as he was doing it with just one hand.

He places the candle stick aside and opens the book again, pausing when he notices something.

Property of Zayn Malik...,

He blinks, inspecting it closer under the candle light. And yes, this book belongs to Zayn.

Can this man get any more interesting?

He paints. He reads. He dances. Wow.

Liam came in search of a book to get his mind off Zayn, but he ends up finding his book. This is just great.

He decides Zayn won't be any happy if he found Liam having his property, so Liam places it aside and wonders if Niall has one. But after going through every single rack, he doesn't find a copy.

Okay, the trouble is only if Zayn finds this out. Besides, it's a library and this book wasn't restricted to read.

So Liam grabs the book, and also a copy of Romeo Juliet for a good measure before leaving the library. He makes his way back to his chamber and sets the candle stick aside and starts reading under the glow. The last time he had been reading this very story, he had met Zayn for the first time.