Tangled

Nora was swimming through the coral reef as she usually did. She picked up the pieces of coral the humans destroyed and freed different sea life from being stuck in trash.

She swam through a kelp curtain to return home when something grabbed her tail. Something sharp.

She spun around to see a mixture of kelp and plastic around her tail.

"Great," she muttered.

She looked around for sea glass or a sharp shell to cut the plastic and kelp.

Unfortunately, she couldn't see anything to help. Until a yellow blur rushed past her and crashed into the sand.

"Are you ok!" Called Nora.

"Yep!" The blur was another mermaid.

She had dark skin, white hair, yellow eyes, and a yellow tail with black at the top and purple on the fins. Except on the black and purple, there were stars. Moving stars...

That's when realization hit Nora like a boat. This was one of the children of the star monarchy.

She stared at the princess. She was dressed normally. Like not what the royals usually wore. It was just a magenta crop top. Nothing fancy.

Nora then realized royalty was just casually cutting away plastic from her tail. Royalty. That close to... Nora.

Nora wasn't much. She was... well, Nora.

She could feel her face going red.

'Snap out of it!' She thought.

A commoner such as herself shouldn't fall for a princess. Much less the next in line for the throne...

"There! You may have a few small cuts, but you should be fine to swim!"

"Uh- uh, thank you...?"

"You've realized who I am, haven't you..."

She nodded slightly.

"There's no need to be scared or worried... uh, what was your name?"

She stared blankly for a second.

"What IS my name?" She thought.

"Oh! Nora!"

There we go! Our little fishie has found her brain!

The princess held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Nora! Do you come here often?"

What? There is no way a PRINCESS is seriously considering hanging around with this dumbass who just forgot her own name.

She nodded quickly. Nora is now sharing a face with a tomato.

The princess agreed to return tomorrow as she swam back to her palace.

Once Nora knew the princess was out of earshot, she continued to scream her lungs out.

Nora then continued to remember she had no idea what her new crush's name was....

Into the town we go to ask about someone, it took her five seconds to fall in love with!

Ok, we are back! Her name is... Kaitlyn! Sweet.

Let's check back in later to see if Nora makes a fool of herself again.

Oh, who am I kidding? I KNOW she will.