Creatures in the Dark Always Come to Light

Nora awoke with a cold shiver. Surrounded her were titanium bars and a cold floor.

In the distance, a pair of illuminating eyes stared back at her helpless figure. Each second, she sensed them drifting towards her.

"Good morning, young one,"

"Who -"

"Didn't I already say that?"

Nora shook her head timidly.

"Leviathan,"

"Care to explain I'm here, Mr Leviathan?" Nora's voice was shaking as much as her hamds.

"That's..." he hesitated, almost looking scared.

"For someone else to know," he finally spit it out.

"Are you ok, mister? You look worried..." Despite the fact that he was much bigger than her, Nora still wanted to be as friendly as possible and try and work past the fear.

Leviathan remained silent as he swam through the door of the room and left.

Nora looked down in disappointment.

Suddenly, the door burst back open, and a siren was now before her.

The siren had fire red hair, yellow eyes, and pale skin.

Nora had heard of sirens but never knew if they were real. Legends say that the gods were sirens, but nobody knew until now.

"Mara..."

"Quiet!" She snapped.

"I don't want to hear another word from your mouth until I say so. Am I clear?" Mara's voice was harsh and cold.

Nora nodded slightly.

"Good. Leviathan, I expect you not to mess up this time..."

Mara's hand drifted towards something hidden behind her. Leviathan flinched and also nodded.

"Don't go soft on me this time..." she spoke barely above a mutter.