Chapter Five - Secrets

A day passed. I just spent most of it being hung over.

I also dyed my hair a ruby color to look different.

Sitir didn't give us any assignments. But somehow in one moment I woke up and I realized I was sleeping in a hale in a stable.

I got out of the hale.

I looked around. One of the street signs said Shanya. Shanya is a district that's on the southern side of Ishatel.

I went on to walk a lot. And I got lost a lot. It was exhausting.

My hair was so messy. I honestly wanted to just get myself cleaned up at that moment. But I had no way to.

People gave me dirty looks as I hopelessly wondered.

Scar tried to guide me.

But I was just lonely, not a human friend in the area.

I wish I had known the southern parts of Ishatel better.

People gave me dirty looks. They probably thought I was some sex worker off the streets. But at least that helped me disguise myself.

Being alone out there, by myself. It was one of the worst feelings a human feeling could feel. You just feel like everyone forgot about you.

Like if a single grain of rice was taken out. And no one noticed.

I eventually got back to the Fel Tavern.

Coris and Kat came out. Kat hugged me.

They seemed like the only ones that were worried for me. And that was the truth.

Istenia didn't care. I'm kind of used to her being this way. It still sometimes hurts.

After Kat hugged me she asked. "Where were you?"

"What happened?" Coris asked.

"I have no idea how I ended up on the south side of Ishatel."

"I remember you were like, I must go, I gotta go see my mom" Katalina replied.

"My mom?"

"I am so glad you got back though," Coris said.

"Aww," Kat said.

"Shut up," I said.

"Are you okay though?" Kat asked.

"I think I am."

"I think it's best if you get checked out in Medical."

Kat walked me over to Medical. The main room had a lot of stretchers and desks for the nurses. There were also two operating rooms. In one of them, Pilah was undergoing surgery.

Pilah is the head of the medical ward. If you were to see her you would think she is a geek. But in reality, she is unbelievably professional.

When we walked in I noticed Ulissa was there.

Her peanut hair was always in a bun. 

I generally saw her in the nurse's uniform. It was just brown-colored scrubs.

She was doing work at her dark wooden desk. She seemed busy with what she was writing on paper.

She looked up. I looked into her hazel eyes.

"Hi Shafija, you okay?" She smiled.

"Um, Shafija ended up in southern parts of Ishatel. Could you check her out?"

"Of course, I will," She said.

I sat on the stretcher by her desk. Kat sat on the wooden chair nearby with her legs crossed.